Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all my Lightning & Harley friends in the northeast I just want to thank everyone for putting up with this cranky OCD old timer. I also want to reassure you that while I may not show up in a Lightning, I hope to still hangout with you guys whenever I can. Made too many great friends in the past 10 years from SVT to NLOC to Lightning Rodder and Lightning Garage to disappear.

Considering the asking price, I have received quite a bit of interest in the truck from both the Craigslist and eBay ads. Amazingly, no local interest, the "buyer" is from NYC and based on spending 3 hours with him yesterday... I seriously doubt he'll be involved in the Lightning community. But he seems extremely passionate about caring for a special vehicle, having once owned/built a custom F100 when he lived in Argentina.

I had very serious inquiries from people in Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Texas, a couple in Florida, plus a bunch of off the wall trade offers with really bad "project cars" that looked like they belonged at the Mayo Clinic the cancer was so bad. I started thinking about this a year ago, but kept plowing ahead with more mods irregardless. Kind of shocked it sold so fast once I decided to run an ad. I had discussed selling with Rob (guess why?) and we honestly thought it would take a couple of passes on eBay to find a buyer for this specific Lightning.

But right now I have a non-refundable deposit, and only when I see it drive off on a trailer will I believe it's sold. Heck... The guy could still get cold feet and walk away. But he seemed very determined to buy this particular truck, so I guess it's going.

I'll keep everyone posted on what happens on all fronts.

Mike

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
Congrats.. you and Kirst are my favorite engine bays for these trucks... And I wonder why???? Lol

·
All I want to do is break into 11's
1,293 Posts
That's sad to hear Mike but at the same time I'm excited to see what you pick up next:shitstormretarded

·
I like your avatar!
667 Posts
Sad to see her go. One of my very favorite trucks on here! But I totally understand the desire to do something else. I should know: I've had 19 different cars so far, lol. 90% of those were performance vehicles I didn't leave stock. :)

·
Administrator
18,571 Posts
Hope to see you participate in get togethers with the next hotrod. If you get a Mustang or Camaro, there is plenty of knowledge on this board for those as well as the trucks. Can't wait to see you transform another cool ride!:bigtu

Jim

·
JTBtheSISSY thinks his cobras fast.
4,002 Posts
Mikes new ride!!!!!!

Product Vehicle Baby carriage Riding toy Baby Products

·
Clueless and gassy
286 Posts
Bump for an awesome truck. I've forfeited deposits before, but only because the trucks didn't check out on PPI's. It will go to the right buyer!

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,657 Posts
Whooooops! Buyer backed out last night, forfeiting his deposit. Couldn't come up with the money. She's back on the market.
it's a sign

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heck... I was eyeing up Johnny Dude's Electric Razor Scooter at the track LOL. Always wanted one of those powered coolers like Vinnie has. With my bum knee, either would be fun.

Truck is back on eBay. Weird offers still coming in LOL.

Waiting for an offer of something like this:

or... this:

Mike

·
JTBtheSISSY thinks his cobras fast.
4,002 Posts
ROFLMAO... [smilie=om :laughing25[/quote]

I should have added Stan would have one as well........

Except Stan's would have a built in land line or cell tower tow behind.

·
Registered
291 Posts
You know you're going to miss the L, right?

I'm financing my Z for $170 per month. Insurance is $200 per year. Keep the L, finance your other car. ;)

Reactions: TORQ_Brad

·
10,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know you're going to miss the L, right?

I'm financing my Z for $170 per month. Insurance is $200 per year. Keep the L, finance your other car. ;)
Sure I'll miss it. But I miss my '57 and '64 Vettes and my Cooper S Turbo too... but you get over it as long as you have something to make you smile when you turn the key.

I have two policies that I adhere to at my age...

1. Don't be a two toy owner.

2. If you can't buy it outright, don't finance it.

Mike

·
AYHIN
3,004 Posts
Sure I'll miss it. But I miss my '57 and '64 Vettes and my Cooper S Turbo too... but you get over it as long as you have something to make you smile when you turn the key.

I have two policies that I adhere to at my age...

1. Don't be a two toy owner.

2. If you can't buy it outright, don't finance it.

Mike
I agree with #2 but I don't adhere to #1. :shitstormretarded ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts