Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the JLP XR heads, stage 2 cam. 676/697 which is about the same as before. Weather was very hot and humid so I am figuring some loss in HP there. The pull was also very conservative, 15 deg timing and I had a drop in boost of 2 lbs due to head flow. I will put some passes on the new setup once weather gets cooler then bring the boost back up to 22-23 psi and at least 18 deg timing. Looking for somewhere around 725-730 ? :smt120

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Damm thats great power for this weather and that amount of timing. Should see that with no problem once the weather cools down

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i am going to take it slow and see how she runs in the 1/4. You have to move ahead with new agressive setups with caution. I witnessed the truck before me push out a head gasket then at first I had a problem with fuel delivery. I was totally fine with JLP not putting it to "Kill". I was never going to hit my number anyway with the weather. I am happy with the #'s so far and I will turn it up a little at a time until I dial into where I want to be.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.