Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of now there is no trade up program from SCT for owners of XCal1's, but WMS has been given permission to offer this trade up program, here is what is consists of.

If you are currently an owner of a XCal1 and have the ability to store your tunes on a computer via the Extreme tuning software, then you can take advantage of this program.

All you have to do is order the XCal2 from WMS at normal retail price of $419 plus shipping and when you send back your XCal1 and it is recieved and unlocked successfully, you will recieve a rebate check back for $70 bucks.

Now, for those of you wondering, you do not have to use WMS tuning on your vehicle if you dont want to, using the Extreme tuning software on your computer, you can store your current tunes and then load them back into the Xcal2.
You will have to return your Xcal1 back to the stock program. You will have to use the Extreme tuning software available for free download on SCT's website (www.sctflash.com) to store your current tunes.

Also, end user adjustability is now available from those dealers using the Advantage 3.0 software, that means that the dealer/tuner will be able to load your XCal2 with the tune allowing you to make adjustments to your tune as previously advertised. The dealer may also email you the tune to load into your previously purchased XCal2 with the end user adjustability built into that tune. (Firmware update to your XCal2 may be required. Also free dowload on SCT's website).

There are only a handful of dealers with the Advantage 3.0 software and WMS is one of the first.

Take advantage of this offer and please pass the word along, the XCal2 is a fantastic flasher/datalogger.

[email protected]

·
Registered
85 Posts
[smilie=eek4.gif] So I send you $50 more than other vendors charge to get a Xcal 2, but you'll give me back $70 for my xcal 1. Of course, it is worth 2 or 3x's that in a private sale. No thanks.

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ST Louis Lightning said:
[smilie=eek4.gif]  So I send you $50 more than other vendors charge to get a Xcal 2, but you'll give me back $70 for my xcal 1.  Of course, it is worth 2 or 3x's that in a private sale.  No thanks.
There are very few vendors selling the Xcal2 for $369, as a matter of fact, most are selling them for $399 plus shipping and offering no trade in program. Most are also only including two tunes and wont email you the files for Extreme tuning.

By offering this rebate, I am selling you the Xcal2 for the MAP of $349 and getting back a unit that I most likely wont be able to resell due to its lack of capability compared to other flash units on the market.

Also, keep in mind that your current Xcal1 is not a good candidate for private sale due to the fact that it must be unlocked to retune for another persons vehicle or combination.

I am just trying to offer up something rather than tell people that already have the Xcal1 and want to upgrade to the Xcal2 that they are SOL.

Thanks for your input.

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts