Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my X-Brace today from IPT (Stifflers). I also got the drive shaft loop and brake lines to go with it. Finally figured it was time to anti up for some safety gear. Have to get with Rotorpros next to get some new pads and rotors for when I replace the lines. Quite surprised I wasn't expecting it this quick. Shredded through the boxes like a crack headed looking for my next fix. I must say it looks damn nice. Welds look solid very nicely built. Can't wait to go ahead and install it.

From looking at the instructions it looks like it will actually be a pretty easy install compared to alot of other parts I put on. Front bracket is a simple bolt on once I replace my B&M tranny pan back with stock one. (Waiting on a drain thingy to install in the stock pan)The only spot I can see I will have to work with is I don't have stock hanger because of my 4-Link suspension. In this case though it looks like once I get it bolted together I can drill the needed hole and install the final bolt. Other wise it is a simple bolt on installation.

So far I must give a big :bigtu for the fast delivery and great looking product. So far the review from Bob is great so I can't wait to add my opinion. Thanks

Attachments

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,713 Posts
Money very well spent! Glad you got the d/s loop, too. That adds even more rigidity to the x-brace.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,668 Posts
you're lucky

hopefully Sept 30th my green truck will be getting a setup as well

·
Gen2 Old Schooler
192 Posts
When there are great products from great vendors, they deserve the press. Stifflers and their products are one of them.

Looking forward to your thoughts mdan.

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,713 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I bought the x-brace for my HD to find out after the fact they it might not be compatible with my JLP long bars. Has anyone else come across this issue and have a resolution before I go and sell my perfectly good long bars :-/

Their reply:

"James
They both share the same space,but perhaps you could get them to work together with a little fabrication on the JLP front brackets.
Brian
"

They were super nice and helpful via email, yet why is this not mentioned beforehand or on their website?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
$250, the same price I got them for. All hardware included.

For you, they'll be free including installation if you happen to make it to Seattle to help me with this small nagging project I've been wanting to do for over a year :) Depending on the information, pricing, etc I get via an email to Competition Engineering, I'll either do a 3-link or 4-link. I may throw in a Corner Grip panhard to sweeten the deal!

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,222 Posts
I bought the x-brace for my HD to find out after the fact they it might not be compatible with my JLP long bars. Has anyone else come across this issue and have a resolution before I go and sell my perfectly good long bars :-/

Their reply:

"James
They both share the same space,but perhaps you could get them to work together with a little fabrication on the JLP front brackets.
Brian
"

They were super nice and helpful via email, yet why is this not mentioned beforehand or on their website?
JLP long bars are not compatible with the Stiffler's brace. I got my JLP bars from a guy who bought the brace and found this out. He got the Stiffler's bars, and sold me his JLP's for a steal.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
At this point I'm looking into selling the long bars and going 3 or 4 link.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ironically Competition Engineering actually advised against me installed a 3 or 4 link. I'm looking to improve handling, not straight line performance, so they actually suggested that I just stick w/ long bars and call it a day. I'm still waiting for an email back in regards to what Stifflers longbars will cost me shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ironically Competition Engineering actually advised against me installed a 3 or 4 link. I'm looking to improve handling, not straight line performance, so they actually suggested that I just stick w/ long bars and call it a day. I'm still waiting for an email back in regards to what Stifflers longbars will cost me shipped.

I would take their opinion with a grain of salt. I you talk to any of the guys who own our trucks and have gone that route. You will get a completely different opinion. Keep in mind they are a large company looking out for their own best interest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.