Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my truck over at Stifflers a few weeks back so that we could resolve the issue of the interference of aftermarket exhausts with the right rear x-brace arm. We had someone loan us their exhaust tips from their JLP Comp R exhaust and Brian fabbed up a new bar. If you already have an x-brace and need a new bar to fit an aftermarket exhaust, the price for that bar alone is $135. Otherwise the full kit is $395 (that's without the LR 5% discount). [smilie=3g

[B]"LIGHTNING X-Brace For COMP R EXHAUST[/B]...... Have produced a passenger side bar that will work with any current aftermarket exhaust including the Comp R system. The new bar will be ready for delivery on Monday 15'th (8/15/11) and will be $135 with LR discount code. These too have a limited production so don't wait."

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll get with Brian and see if he has any pics he can post. If he does, I am sure they are of the prototype without powdercoating and such.

·
SLW-SVT
2,959 Posts
Now this is good customer service!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
250 Posts
I'll get with Brian and see if he has any pics he can post. If he does, I am sure they are of the prototype without powdercoating and such.

Ok, you guys aren't going to like this ...... I didn't get a pic of prototype bar on the truck.

Yes, I deserve this------------> :smt021

Had planned to post pics of final piece after having powder coated...... should be end of next week.

·
Vendor
250 Posts
whats the availability of the harley/screw version?
Copied from HD section, just posted today.....

"HD X-Brace SYSTEM...... Will have kits ready for delivery on Monday 15'th (8/15/11). We are only producing a limited number of them initially so get your order in early. Price is $375 for the base kit when using the LR discount code. Optional driveshaft safety loop is $94 after discount. (These kits are for the factory installed (4r100) transmission)."

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From Speedin' Bob, who ran the prototype Harley x-brace for Stiffler's:

"You can feel an immediate improvement in the driving profile. Something as basic as pulling in and out of a driveway felt better. Not brash or rough at all. Tighter.

On the way home from picking it up, a clover leaf down-and-around exit ramp and 180 degree exit ramp were summarily pummeled.

The down and around ramp test was accentuated with an early 00's SS Camaro 'vert with the top down in front of me wanting to play. The driver was ~50 and had his lady with him. SS man entered the ramp with a little spirit and an OK line that clearly annoyed his lady friend based on her reaction.

Much to his dismay, his mirrors were FULL of big....black....F150 grill. Thankfully, there were no oncoming cars off our left flank to spoil the fun.

With the overdrive off, the RPMs were in a sweet spot, we left the ramp at a pretty good clip, and I waited for him to stab it. Otherwise, SS man would have been punted. He hit it, then I did. Once we were at a speed not appreciated by law enforcement and on a public highway in one of the busiest areas in the state, playtime was over.

Overall impression? VERY NICE. The truck just feels planted whether pulling out of the driveway, driving over uneven pavement/speed bumps, or taking a corner with a little gusto. A subsequent post will include spirited launch impressions.

Brian was able to fabricate the brace's right rear rear frame attachment point to not interfere with aftermarket "Lightning style" exhausts. Plenty of clearance with my Magnaflow setup.

Good job Brian!

Happy camper,

Bob"

·
Registered
210 Posts
^^^
All I needed to hear!!! :woohoo

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
boooo didnt think about the harleys using 4R100s and not the "standard" 4R70W
There are so many variations of trucks that it makes it difficult to make half a dozen different versions. When redesigning the bars, it is very important to get the design right....otherwise it doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

I do think that Brian may be working on a setup for the 4R70W.

·
Dude
2,368 Posts
boooo didnt think about the harleys using 4R100s and not the "standard" 4R70W
Hey Pat you should just throw one in there.:smt102 My new 4R100 blows doors on my old 4R70 even with the added weight. And I bet you could get a pretty decent one either here or maybe even one of the other sites. Cross members are a dime a dozen at the junkyards. Real cheap!:smt023

1 - 16 of 16 Posts