Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a hard time finding a full dual pillar pod for my 04 L as everybody is selling triple pods, I know this is a longshot but im looking to trade my new autometer single colum pod for the dual pillar pod + cash if needed.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Summit Autometer.

:bigtu-Bob

here is a list of items you will need-
1-Autometer dual pod for 2002-1/2 to 2004 Part# ATM-17310 Summit
2-SEM spray paint Part# 15393 Medium Gray
3-SEM Plastic/Leather Prep Part# 38353
4-Electric Drill and a 3/16" drill bit and a 3/8" drill bit
5-Dremel tool or a chain saw file
First thing you need to do is remove the two nuts holding the grab handle to the pillar and remove the handle. Pull on the OEM pillar to remove, all that is holding it now is a spring clip.
Remove all three bolts to the bracket that the grab handle was attached to and remove the bracket. Put the lower screw back in the same hole on the metal pillar but do not screw it in the whole way. Set the bottom edge of the bracket that you removed on this screw. This is where it needs to be installed. You will need to drill two 3/16" holes 3/8" lower than the top or middle holes on the bracket. I marked it with a sharpie to get the correct location, you will screw all three screws back into the original holes. The only difference is the bracket will be mounted 3/8" higher for the grab handle. Install the bracket on the metal pillar. I held the new pillar pod up and marked the two spots where the grab handle holes needed to be made. I drilled two 3/8" holes at the location that I marked to make sure I was centered where I needed to be. Set your grab handle on the pillar and trace the handle onto the pillar so that you know how much needs to be removed. I used a dremel tool to make the openings but a chain saw file will work also. Use the handle as a go/no go gauge until it fits snug into the pillar. I would install it to make sure it fits and than remove it to paint it. I first sprayed the Plastic/Leather Prep and than painted it with the medium gray spray paint. It is a little time consuming but worth every minute when it is finished and installed.
Any questions just PM me and I will help if I can.

:bigtu:-Bob

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a part number by chance?, am I asking for one specific for the Lightning or a certain year f-150, thanks.

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the link to that, I looked and didnt see it, thanks.

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I saw that one, im looking for the full dual pillar, hard to find but ive seen pictures of them in trucks on here, didnt really want the triple pod.

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
Y not triple???

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna do boost and wideband for now

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
O ok, well word of advise, just go ahead n do all 3 n get em out of the way, just my opinion

·
My DD is a Crown Vic
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea probably gonna just order the triple pod, what would be a good 3rd gauge, fuel pressure?

·
My truck is faster than your Vette
557 Posts
If you wana sell your column pod pm me.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
i have a double colum pod i will trade you. its not the full verson though. this one mounts under the OS bar. Pm me if your interested.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
svtlightning02
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing