Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I happened to be the one who lucked into the 'first one free' tb mod that JJ offered a little while ago.
I sent him a brand new polished Accufab after someone else decided to cancel. I got it back today and it was pretty much what I had anticipated. JJ smoothed out the inlet and outlet to allow for cleaner air movement through the tb. He also addressed the blade by knifing both edges to also promote less obstructed air flow. I have seen this type of mod in motorcycle intakes in the past. The attention to details like this allow you to get the most out of your engine package.
Anyway, I have not spoken to JJ but will be calling him in the near future to tell him what I think. The mod to me is just what he said it would be, an improvement on a part to help out with the overall package. I'm glad I had it done. I see alot of mods people are trying so they can squeeze every bit of power out of their L. This mod can only be helpful in that quest for power.
I will not be bolting it on immediately as I am waiting for some additional parts to arrive, plus it is like 37 degrees and raining here.
I will be trying to get my hands on another Accufab locally so I can attempt a legit back to back bolt on comparison (hopefully on a Superflow dyno where I ran my truck this weekend). It make take a little time, but I will post some results.
Thank you JJ for a job well done, and thank you Jody for backing out. Howie
ps- Mr Allen, did you send one in too?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Man I feel that it was great for one of our SV to set up like this!

Your a good man JJ!

Peace,

Suavy

·
Registered
202 Posts
mnhh505 said:
Thank you JJ for a job well done, and thank you Jody for backing out.
Didn't change my mind, just could not locate my stock throttle body. I use my truck every day so it would have been tough to not have it for a couple weeks.

Glad you took advantage of it!

Jody

·
Registered
734 Posts
Should have said some thing Jody, my truck is down for a few more weeks I could have sent you mine while your was out.

Suavy

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
mnhh505 said:
Hey all. I happened to be the one who lucked into the 'first one free' tb mod that JJ offered a little while ago.
I sent him a brand new polished Accufab after someone else decided to cancel. I got it back today and it was pretty much what I had anticipated. JJ smoothed out the inlet and outlet to allow for cleaner air movement through the tb. He also addressed the blade by knifing both edges to also promote less obstructed air flow. I have seen this type of mod in motorcycle intakes in the past. The attention to details like this allow you to get the most out of your engine package.
Anyway, I have not spoken to JJ but will be calling him in the near future to tell him what I think. The mod to me is just what he said it would be, an improvement on a part to help out with the overall package. I'm glad I had it done. I see alot of mods people are trying so they can squeeze every bit of power out of their L. This mod can only be helpful in that quest for power.
I will not be bolting it on immediately as I am waiting for some additional parts to arrive, plus it is like 37 degrees and raining here.
I will be trying to get my hands on another Accufab locally so I can attempt a legit back to back bolt on comparison (hopefully on a Superflow dyno where I ran my truck this weekend). It make take a little time, but I will post some results.
Thank you JJ for a job well done, and thank you Jody for backing out. Howie
ps- Mr Allen, did you send one in too?

It was my pleasure. I appreciate your input.

You may have missed it, but I also worked on the backside of the throttleblades shaft.

As mentioned, I do knife edge the blade to promote better airflow across it. I also work the inlet a bit as well.

I am working on a StageII tbody mod as well, it requires a tiny bit of Tig welding and more smoothing and once I perfect that option, I will post about its results.

and sadly no, Ryan didnt send me his. :-?

If there is anyone interested in this service, please call for details.

Thank you very much.

[email protected]

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Thanks Herb [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
What a uselss waste of a thread too much bickering and BS.

How much does it cost? I have a spare Stock TB that I would be interested in getting this done to. I would like to know what is being done to it first though. Anyone had this done yet? Any results from it? I am not here to rip off someones idea and try and mass produce it. Where is this man JJ at?

·
Registered
8,325 Posts
Bgstew6 said:
What a uselss waste of a thread too much bickering and BS.

How much does it cost?  I have a spare Stock TB that I would be interested in getting this done to.  I would like to know what is being done to it first though.  Anyone had this done yet?  Any results from it?  I am not here to rip off someones idea and try and mass produce it.  Where is this man JJ at?
Sorry about that, I've been on the dyno all day and will make a post about that later...

A stock tbody will benefit somewhat from what I do and I can actually do a bit more porting to one of those than I can the single blade. I'm gonna make the price of doing a stock one the same as doing a single blade one, even though its more work, so for $75, plus shipping, you can get it done.

If your interested, please contact me for more information.

Thanks in advance...

[email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
camcojb said:
mnhh505 said:
Thank you JJ for a job well done, and thank you Jody for backing out.
Didn't change my mind, just could not locate my stock throttle body. I use my truck every day so it would have been tough to not have it for a couple weeks.

Glad you took advantage of it!

Jody
I didn't literally mean back out- I totally understand the situation, it just fell in place that way. I think you would like the mod for your truck. Sounds like you are trying to get as much as possible! Howie

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jody
I didn't literally mean back out- I totally understand the situation, it just fell in place that way. I think you would like the mod for your truck. Sounds like you are trying to get as much as possible! Howie

No problem Howie. I knew you knew what was going on, that was for the benefit of anyone that thought something had happened to change my mind on trying JJ's mod.

Jody

1 - 13 of 13 Posts