Lightning Rodder banner
241 - 260 of 274 Posts

· Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
Where the hell is the finished product???

Wayne

Reactions: stoffer

· Registered
375 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

Ok. So I know I'm hijacking this thread, but I know some of you are clueless as how you pass the harness from the wiper chamber to inside of the cab. The picture up top is the cover that keeps big debris from going into your cab with the a.c. etc. It has a mesh grill that you have the cut and feed the wire through. Its not easy. Its very irritating, especially since you can't see it with the passenger fender on. Once you make a hole, feed the harness through it.

[/URL][/IMG

Now behind the glove box lid, you can see a door that opens up. You need to cut that off and feed the wire harness through it. There is a perfect tight spot where you can relocate your computer.in between the glove box door and the vent door. That's where I relocated mine temporarily. Only sensor wire I needed the extend was the one that goes to the evap sensor. Oh and I remounted the solenoid inside the wiper chamber

· Registered
375 Posts
I have no pics of the computer mounted because I'm remounting it somewhere else as I am relocating the fuse box inside the cab.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Hello lightning community, i hope everyone is doing good. its been a long time since i last been on here but life gets in the way and im finally able to be back online and communicating with everyone. I still have my lightning and been having the itch to work on it again, as of right now it is complete and i will be adding pictures of what all has been done. im excited to see what new builds that are on here and possibly adding my truck to a new build thread whether it be an engine build or a 6 speed manual, both have been running through my head for sometime now just have to pull the trigger on one and see where it takes me. my Instagram is tfields_29

· local painter
3,303 Posts
Hello lightning community, i hope everyone is doing good. its been a long time since i last been on here but life gets in the way and im finally able to be back online and communicating with everyone. I still have my lightning and been having the itch to work on it again, as of right now it is complete and i will be adding pictures of what all has been done. im excited to see what new builds that are on here and possibly adding my truck to a new build thread whether it be an engine build or a 6 speed manual, both have been running through my head for sometime now just have to pull the trigger on one and see where it takes me. my Instagram is tfields_29
Glad to have you back :bigtu

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
So not much to rush everybody up to speed on so but here is what I have, last year I started up on autocross the truck did good but definitely needed improvement and for the driver as well, i started with a panhard bar by following Tim’s page. I added stifflers long bars to help traction as well.

Some might disagree with this but on the back of the long bar mount I welded up my panhard bar, there’s no movement when I autocross and it’s definitely an improvement. If you have any suggestions on what I could have improved on, let me know so I can fix.

So here is how she sits
and also I will be adding A/C to the truck as the 18 year old kid(me) who thought it was cool without, is now 24 with a little more common sense so I’m going to make it look as clean as possible but leaving it in a stock location.

I will try and incorporate a billet tube clamp around the accumulator for a custom look to keep everything tied in.

· Dude
2,374 Posts
It is really good to see you back and your Panhard bar mounting looks spot on as far as what Tim (RIP) would have done. Truck is looking good. But Hey, that is no surprise we've seen what you can do to an engine bay. Haha! I have an AC issue myself going right now. I have been thinking about putting a Panhard bar on mine and it looks like it might happen soon. Great to hear from you.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
It is really good to see you back and your Panhard bar mounting looks spot on as far as what Tim (RIP) would have done. Truck is looking good. But Hey, that is no surprise we've seen what you can do to an engine bay. Haha! I have an AC issue myself going right now. I have been thinking about putting a Panhard bar on mine and it looks like it might happen soon. Great to hear from you.
I’m really glad to have the time to be back on here and especially work on my truck it’s been way to long. I’m hoping Tim’s Page comes back because it’s always nice to go through all his work and testing to know what would be right to do. If you need any pointers on length and set up let me know, it was maybe 6 hours of work starting from scratch. so not to bad of an upgrade. I’m excited to have A/C again. I will add pictures when I get everything hooked up

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
For today’s update I’ve decided to go with the 6 speed conversion for my truck. Once I gather more parts I will start a 6 speed build in the auto to manual page. I went to the junk yard this morning to see what I could find there were at least 30 f150 trucks and one was manual but it was all strip down and picked over. I got the important piece to the puzzle that being the clutch and pedal bracket

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Sweet jesus. My favorite truck is back!

I'm interested to see how you keep the AC with the solenoid stuff relocated.
im excited to be back cant wait to see what i can do with my truck. these trucks are endless with what you can do to them

the AC stuff will still be seen unfortunately but i will keep it as clean as possible, i will be painting the accumulator satin black along with the lines to keep everything tied in.

as of now i will be making a trip to american powertrain to get what i need minus a transmission and other high dollar parts

241 - 260 of 274 Posts