Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondeirng how many of you folks use a winter tune. If you do...what did you have adjusted for the colder weather. I have a flip chip bu tonly one side out of three are programmed. I will try to put the L away for the eintre winter and drive Slo J but you all know how hard it is to stop driving them. My chip right now is pretty rich and very safe. I know even in hot weather i can go more extreme with it. So just let me know folks. Thanks, Vince

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Vince

A winter tune is basically a little less timing, and a safer richer A/F,
remember a Lightning will and can add up to 3 Degrees of timing
in the winter, so "if" your running an aggressive program, it COULD
put you over the top.

If your not, then No Problem....

What I do is use my Nitrous Program all Winter,
2 Degrees Less Timing, Richer A/F, and shorter Shift Points
I also back down 2 lbs of boost,
(I have a Lower + Upper so it takes less than 2 minutes to do)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob I knew we needed to do something but i couldnt remember exactly what it was. My chip is pretty safe i mean my tailpipes are black on the inside from being so rich. I can wipe them out to an almost silver color and week later right back to where they were. I just never got a chance to get it reprogrammed and back on the dyno. I had a kickazz Autologic chip but it kept shutting the truck down after a WOT 2nd gear hit. I took it as it was falling out. It never did it on the dyno and it took about 2 weeks after tuning that it started falling out. I tried more tape..pushing it in..nothing would help..so i switched back to my Diablo chip and havent hada problem its just not nearly as agressive although the Autologic was still very safe. I think hot side on it was only like 18-19 Degrees.

·
Registered
14 Posts
NOS Timing

Quick question Rob. Your adding timing when you go to your NOS tune. I was always one to pull timing out. I always set my vehicles up to add fuel and retard timing. Am I reading this wrong. It is 7am

·
Registered
2 Posts
FineLineMtrSprts said:
Thanks Rob I knew we needed to do something but i couldnt remember exactly what it was. My chip is pretty safe i mean my tailpipes are black on the inside from being so rich. I can wipe them out to an almost silver color and week later right back to where they were. I just never got a chance to get it reprogrammed and back on the dyno. I had a kickazz Autologic chip but it kept shutting the truck down after a WOT 2nd gear hit. I took it as it was falling out. It never did it on the dyno and it took about 2 weeks after tuning that it started falling out. I tried more tape..pushing it in..nothing would help..so i switched back to my Diablo chip and havent hada problem its just not nearly as agressive although the Autologic was still very safe. I think hot side on it was only like 18-19 Degrees.

I'm assuming that you have a 02 up Lightning. It is my understanding that there are 2 rev limiters on the 02 up L's. If you have Autologic, I would assume that Sal did the tuning. He can fix that for you.

Also mentioned that at colder weather the L's add timing. I don't think that that applies at WOT. I have a new post on f150online about this very toppic for winter timing. Really seems backwards to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts