Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have spent many hours searching for the answer and I am starting to lose my mind over what should be a simple thing.

The problem is when I go to for example http://dish.slingbox.com/ and on that page is what I assume is a download. Its the part that says "setup your slingbox" and if you float the mouse over it the addy is http://dishsetup.slingbox.com
What I get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" now I have no connection issues at all, I'm thinking this is a setting issue somewhere maybe about clicking on hotlinks, I have the same issue if it's a sound file or movie that is supposed to open like WMP and play. On movies or sound files I can right click and save and then open it but I should be able to play files from the webpage they are on, but as far as the slingbox goes I can't right click and save.

So,.........HELP!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Ok guys I have spent many hours searching for the answer and I am starting to lose my mind over what should be a simple thing.

The problem is when I go to for example http://dish.slingbox.com/ and on that page is what I assume is a download. Its the part that says "setup your slingbox" and if you float the mouse over it the addy is http://dishsetup.slingbox.com
What I get is "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" now I have no connection issues at all, I'm thinking this is a setting issue somewhere maybe about clicking on hotlinks, I have the same issue if it's a sound file or movie that is supposed to open like WMP and play. On movies or sound files I can right click and save and then open it but I should be able to play files from the webpage they are on, but as far as the slingbox goes I can't right click and save.

So,.........HELP!

It's at Dish Networks end. There is nothing wrong with your pc as far as this issue goes.

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok , I understand the Dish is broken deal. Lets go on to another example, http://www.wavsource.com/movies/2001.htm
You should be able to click on any sound file there and have it play in WMA.
I have to save it first to play it or I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and I should be able to click on it and have WMA open and play it automagically:p

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you tried holding ctrl and clicking the link to bypass any popup blockers?
I have now:smt013 no joy.
My machines with Win/xp=no problem, Vista's got a setting somewhere I just have not located that will let me open files directly from a webpage without saving first. Somebody has my answer!
Where the hell is MM Raggy when ya need him.

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
I have now:smt013 no joy.
My machines with Win/xp=no problem, Vista's got a setting somewhere I just have not located that will let me open files directly from a webpage without saving first. Somebody has my answer!
Where the hell is MM Raggy when ya need him.

You are probably right. Does it do it with only ie? Have you tried mozzila firefox? You could also reinstall internet explorer. There are a ton of settings in the registry for ie. You can find them in mozilla by entering about:config in the address bar. Shag or one of the wizzes will get you going. I am not good at over the phone/net diagnosis, hell it takes me a while in person by stumbling upon it. :) good luck bud. :bigtu

·
Just a farm truck
1,512 Posts
On the wav file thing, the fix is in your default program settings. To fix:

1. Click on Start

2. Click on Default Programs

3. In the next window that opens up select Set program access and computer defaults

4. In this window select Microsoft Windows and Ok or expand the Custom and select Windows Media Player

5. Click Ok.

That should fix that issue.

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts

1. Click on Start

3. In the next window that opens up select Set program access and computer defaults

4. In this window select Microsoft Windows and Ok or expand the Custom and select Windows Media Player

5. Click Ok.

Try that, if it doesnt fix it, install Google Chrome. It's the fastest, most Secure Browser available. It was the only browser to not get hacked instantly in the last hacker competition.

·
Brick Aviator
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

1. Click on Start

5. Click Ok.

Thats what I was looking for, sometimes stuff is staring you right in the face and you don't see it.
Rep to you sir!:bigtu

Oh and thanks to everyone else too.:smt023

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
stickbo
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing