Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Bassani comp R exhaust silencer inserts that fit inside the exhaust tips. When I did mt 2.6 KB I took them out and truck ran and sounded nasty.

I now have XR heads and lost some boost which I am planning on getting back with a smaller upper. Someone with XR heads once told me at the JLP dyno day(Can't remember who) that they installed the tips and the truck ran better. What do you think about this ? My initial gut is to bump up boost and leave them out.

·
Florida>Texas
10,629 Posts
never heard tips adding hp or running better :smt102

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
I assume giving your exhaust some back pressure helps some. The next track day you go to give it a shot. Uncorked and corked :)

·
Premium Member
3,914 Posts
Bad thing is, I had the baffles for the tips on the Comp R aswell as the cats. I ditched the cats for obvious reasons and figured I wouldnt need the tips afterall. When I put it all on my truck and fired it......YUCK. I think the things sounds like a tractor. Everyone always said how good this exhaust sounded, I think they were hard of hearing or just really like the sound of that old 1600 Oliver tractor I have sitting out back. :smt102
I now wish I'd have kept the cats and baffles because at this point I'll be looking to replace the muffler.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I really like the Comp-R with the cats, and after seeing the cats, I am doubting they are much restriction. I really would like to add baffles too though, the Comp-R is a bit loud driving through my parking garage. Did the tips on all of you guys systems have the holes already there for the baffles?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tips came with the holes. Yeah WD, the truck sounds way different. I guess its breathing like crazy now. I like the way it sounded before the XR heads. Oh well, as long as it performs better who cares

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
you lost boost with the XR heads because you made things more efficient. Putting the baffles in to get some boost back from back pressure is just getting boost back from making things less efficient. You want to just pulley up to get the boost back up, and leave the baffles OUT.

Now for street driving, doesn't really matter, your truck makes way more power than you can even use on the street, so baffles are fine for quieting things down, but don't add them on to get boost back for the track.

No cats and no baffles on my comp-r and absolutely love how it sounds. I've got old azz stage 3 heads and cams from 2005 though. I put baffles in once and noticed zero difference at idle, so pulled them back out and sold them. They may make more of a difference cruising around, but I decided to not even use them for as little as I drive the truck.

·
Silver is the fastest color
5,079 Posts
I dont think any big change will be made with baffles.... But I do have a set your welcome to try if you want to know how it will sound and what they are like before you buy... Im in Vineland only probably 30 minute ride... Let me know

ur liek one of the nicest people i have ever met and u keep giving ... :bigtu

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.