Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are "You" tuning your Lightning or are you having it tuned by someone else? Are you tuning using the Methanol injection or is it currently disabled?
More info is needed

[email protected]
I am tuning it myself, the metnahol starts at 4 Psi and at 13 it is full methanol injection, it is being tuned with sct x4 it has 60 lb injectors and it has an external gasoline regulator

·
Registered
952 Posts
First off you need to tune it without the methanol first. Tuning with methanol just muddies things up while trying to dial it in. Also with a positive displacement blower I would use maf voltage to inject the methanol as it will be more linear. Boost comes on fast with these blowers and there is no ramp rate. Once you get the maf curve perfect without the meth, then turn it back on and start tweaking. If it was my truck I would shoot for 12.0 a/f without meth with conservative timing either way.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fire-Taz

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
I am tuning it myself, the metnahol starts at 4 Psi and at 13 it is full methanol injection, it is being tuned with sct x4 it has 60 lb injectors and it has an external gasoline regulator
As mentioned you should be tuning it with the methanol off to start with and then tune it for the methanol. Dialing in your non methanol air fuel and timing should be done first.

Are you tuning it using the SCT PRP software or just trying to use the canned tune and user options to make adjustments?

[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts