Lightning Rodder banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
49ford you would have to break those statistics down a little more and take into account the number of Tesla’s on the road vs every other car. Not saying you’re right or wrong but that doesn’t paint the full picture.
Yeah, and there are millions of "other" vehicles on the road. And what, well less than 100,000 teslas. And yet, they are crashing into things and burning themselves up in large numbers. Practically every day I see something about them. And finally, finally, I see something on the idiot box about them. Something is fucking with the agenda now. LMAO!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
have you not heard of the 737 max?

49ford you would have to break those statistics down a little more and take into account the number of Tesla’s on the road vs every other car. Not saying you’re right or wrong but that doesn’t paint the full picture.
Sweendog
I see what you saying but not sure it matters since Tesla car sales are 1% or less of the licensed vehicles since their first autonomous vehicle delivery in 2014. I looked up total licensed vehicles in the United states and for 2019 in shows 263 million vehicles. My point was with 17,000 + vehicle accidents per day I really don't see that Tesla vehicles using autonomous driving causing that many accidents. So by my math (263,000,000 divide by 331521 = .14%) that is of total Tesla vehicle that have that capability, I couldn't find any data on how many people use this option. I don't know how else to break it down but looks like less than 1% are on the road statistically to me.

Tesla
All Models
Market
2018191.6271,11%
201750.1450,29%
201647.6440,27%
201525.4160,13%
201416.6890,11%

Look at how many plants use autonomous vehicles in their plants in and around people other vehicles everyday. I don't see the big difference where your flying a drone, vehicles in a factory or anything else. I mean with 360 sensors and all the optical sensors I guarantee and autonomous vehicles is processing a lot more than a human can see and hear.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Aircraft won't roll on the ground with thousands of other vehicles. No traffic lights, no pedestrians, etc. Dummy. All an aircraft has to do is just keep the wings level and go in a particular direction. Not a lot of obstacles in it's way other than clouds. LOL! Oh, btw, I have a pilot's license. Believe me, flying is easier than driving. As us pilots say, landing is the hardest part of flying. Anyone can fly a plane, getting it back on the ground is the difficult part.

You don't read about planes on autopilot crashing into fire trucks on the highway, or police cars for that matter. LMAO! I hope that ticketing people who rely to heavily on the stupid auto pilot becomes the norm. Along with waiting in really long lines to get your car charged up. ROFLMAO!!

I still haven't seen one car plugged into the superchargers around the corner from me at the local supermarket. Not one. Still remains the only tesla I have seen was hood up disabled in a left turn lane. Lovin it!
Roberto well you didn't have to go to such harsh name calling, but I'll get over it. I just don't see your logic with optical scanners, and 360 scanning a lot more data that you can't sense or see. I don't know that I agree that all auto pilot does is keep the wings level and general direction, but anyway I'm not a pilot.

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Modern aircraft have a massive amount of computer input. Read up on how they land....

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Roberto well you didn't have to go to such harsh name calling, but I'll get over it. I just don't see your logic with optical scanners, and 360 scanning a lot more data that you can't sense or see. I don't know that I agree that all auto pilot does is keep the wings level and general direction, but anyway I'm not a pilot.
Well, if calling ya a dummy is harsh, you've got the bar set pretty low! I've been called worse by dusten. LOL!!

Years ago, Lockheed was the first to come out with a system that would take off, fly to the location, then land. All the pilot had to do was sit there and drink covfefe. It was the L-101 Tri Star, first aircraft I ever worked on after graduating high school in 79. But still, it doesn't taxi the plane to the runway or taxi it back after landing. Pilot at least still has to do that. But, once in the air, keep wings level and get you to the destination. But yeah, like the 737 Maxs, there are other systems on board to deal with other things besides the basics. Like the MCAS which is supposed to prevent the plane from getting into flight positions that are dangerous. But instead, actually puts the plane into positions the pilots are unable to get out of. I wonder if the 737 Maxs will ever be released for flight again? Has to be costing Boeing a lot of money. A bunch of airlines have already forgotten them and ordered airliners from overseas instead. Read it on ZH! ;-)

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Well, if calling ya a dummy is harsh, you've got the bar set pretty low! I've been called worse by dusten. LOL!!

Years ago, Lockheed was the first to come out with a system that would take off, fly to the location, then land. All the pilot had to do was sit there and drink covfefe. It was the L-101 Tri Star, first aircraft I ever worked on after graduating high school in 79. But still, it doesn't taxi the plane to the runway or taxi it back after landing. Pilot at least still has to do that. But, once in the air, keep wings level and get you to the destination. But yeah, like the 737 Maxs, there are other systems on board to deal with other things besides the basics. Like the MCAS which is supposed to prevent the plane from getting into flight positions that are dangerous. But instead, actually puts the plane into positions the pilots are unable to get out of. I wonder if the 737 Maxs will ever be released for flight again? Has to be costing Boeing a lot of money. A bunch of airlines have already forgotten them and ordered airliners from overseas instead. Read it on ZH! ;-)
The max is due to fly shortly. And the issue with mcas was a lack of redundancy.... Not the system itself. The sensor would fail with no back up.

And Boeing's stock is still trading at 350+ a share, so it's hot hurting to bad.

Boeing sold 60 new Max's at the Dubai airshow recently.

·
local painter
2,889 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
I've been MIA for a while, but I just wanted to chime in to stir the pot a bit further....I put a deposit on a cybertruck the morning after the reveal! I'm personally not crazy about the looks (however they have grown on me over the weeks), but the specs are just too insane to look past. 14k lb towing capacity, 500 mile range, 2.9 zero to 60, and 10.8 in the 1/4, that's just downright absurd. Not to mention I absolutely LOVE driving our Model 3, so getting that same driving experience but in a truck, it's win-win for me, so much so that I can look past the looks of the cybertruck. Although with some wraps (which will be cake on such flat body panels) they do look pretty badazz.

On another note, since I last posted ~3 months ago, our Tesla has had probably 6 more SW updates, each time with more features. My favorite was a FREE performance upgrade adding 5% performance, over wifi, at no cost. Our 3.2 zero to 60 time is now 2.99 zero to 60. Absurd! How cool is that? They've improved their motor controls and offered the performance gains to everyone at no cost. No other companies do that lol. You have to trade in your old model year for the newer one for any other brand to get the free power bumps....not with Tesla! Oh and beyond that, they've made more strides towards full self drive, so now our car recognizes street markings, stop signs, and traffic lights. It's pretty badazz! You can see it right on the massive screen, all the road markings and signs/lights. However just like cruise control in any other vehicle, you still need to be aware of what's going on, it's the same with autopilot. It's not intended to be "take a nap" and stop paying attention. It's simply a convenience feature to make driving more enjoyable but still while paying attention. And doing it like that, it's an awesome feature. ANother cool perk, i shared my google calendar with the car, now when I get in, it knows if I'm supposed to be somewhere and automatically programs the navigation for that destination when I get in the car....it's the small stuff that adds up to be so friggin cool!

I still haven't seen one car plugged into the superchargers around the corner from me at the local supermarket. Not one. Still remains the only tesla I have seen was hood up disabled in a left turn lane. Lovin it!
That's because
1. it only takes 10-15 minutes to supercharge when you need it, so cars aren't there long
2. you charge at your house, and every day you leave with full range, so you only have to stop at a supercharger if you're on a road trip
3. I'm sure you've never ever ever seen an ICE car with the hood up huh? BTW I know you're blowing smoke anyway, because the hood of the tesla doesn't even reveal anything, the car has 2 trunks, and believe me, all tesla owners know this, and there's be no reason at all to ever pop the hood for the car being disabled....that's like your ranger breaking down and you dropping the tailgate.....well maybe for a seat while you wait for a towtruck....but the frunk of a tesla isn't comfortable for a seat lol

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Should I link every house and garage fire caused by an f150?

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Also, Tesla isnt the largest electric car manufacturer in Norway. That said, currently electric cars account for almost 60% of new car sales this year....

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Bi
Should I link every house and garage fire caused by an f150?
Big difference between a house burning down, and an electric car taking out a parking garage full of other peoples vehicles. And shutting down an airport for hours. Big difference.

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Bi

Big difference between a house burning down, and an electric car taking out a parking garage full of other peoples vehicles. And shutting down an airport for hours. Big difference.
If an f150 caught fire in a garage you really think it's gonna be any different?

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
If an f150 caught fire in a garage you really think it's gonna be any different?
Gas fires are easier to put out and don't burn with anything near the intensity of a lithium ion fire. For the most part, fire fighters just let a lithium fire extinguish itself. There's really nothing you can use to stop one. Yes, I think the results would be a lot different, and not nearly as bad as what transpired here.

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Gas fires are easier to put out and don't burn with anything near the intensity of a lithium ion fire. For the most part, fire fighters just let a lithium fire extinguish itself. There's really nothing you can use to stop one. Yes, I think the results would be a lot different, and not nearly as bad as what transpired here.
I'm well aware of how a class Delta fire burns. Having been on flight deck fire parties and working with weapons that have self oxygenated fuel(otto fuel II).

That said, there no proof that if a regular car catches fire that it's caught in time to limit structure and damage to adjacent rigs. You're speculation is all based on your hatred for technology. Like your Tesla comment. It's not even the widest sold e car in Norway. You just made a snide comment to try and press your point.

Also, an update now points to a diesel car...

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
lol still getting a kick out of no response about the popped hood comment. Guess ya didn't know tesla's actually just have a second trunk (aka a "frunk") under the front hood.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
lol still getting a kick out of no response about the popped hood comment. Guess ya didn't know tesla's actually just have a second trunk (aka a "frunk") under the front hood.
I know they don't have a "hood" persay. My comment was just that the item we know of as a hood was open. Anyhow, I still haven't seen another one. So far, that remains my sole siting of a tesla. And it makes me happy, I don't want one anywhere within a half mile of me. And like I said, the apartments I'm in don't allow chargers in the garages, for the "known fire hazards". Yeah, they don't allow containers of gasoline either. But, I've lived here seven years and always have two or three five gallon containers full of 93 octane. Nothing's ever been said about it. Only sparky cars I see around here are Toyota Prius. They're everywhere. At least they don't have a 1000 pound bomb in them.

·
Registered
741 Posts
They have fire suppresion foam on most fire trucks and have for years. Just because your zerohedge source doesn't write articles on it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts