Lightning Rodder banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Was reading an article in Car and Driver ragazine at lunch today, and stumbled on this little tidbit. Did you know that a tesla model 3, if you dare to use the heater in the winter to warm yourself, the car only has a range of 173 miles?

Wow! I'll pass on that. That's not far enough for it to be worth a thin dime.

Did you know, that in a gasoline car, if you use the air conditioner, your mileage goes down? lol

EVs have less range in cold weather, they're literally just burning off electricity for heat with resistive heaters, so sure the range is reduced in the cold. But did you know, it costs a fraction per mile to drive, so even with the reduced range, it's still pennies on the dollar to drive, so it really doesn't make a bit of difference that it gets less range in the cold? LOL

Ours is the 320 mile range version, and yes in the winter it's about a 20% efficiency loss. 256 miles is still waaaaay more than my 60 mile round trip commute lol

Oh and did you know, since it just gets plugged in at night, not only am I leaving every morning with a full charge, it's also fully warmed up when I get in the car?

Oh and did you also know, it has active cooling in the summer months, so it's never even hot when I get in the car?

Creature comforts that give a whole new twist to amenities to a daily driver....but I know I know, you just love that sh!tty ol' ranger of yours lol.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
I love the old Ranger too. When it's raining, snowing, hailing, etc. It's the best vehicle I have for those conditions. Why ruin something really nice when you can just drive an old beater that Mother Nature has done her best to destroy? That's why I keep it. It's still mechanically sound, and I keep it that way. Just not pretty anymore. But hey, my sister started it. It was looking good when she borrowed in in late 2009 "for a year". Four years later, I get it back. 40,000+ more miles on it, the sticker in the driver's side front window for oil changes the same one that was in there when she took it four years earlier. And yet, it still runs great, doesn't burn or leak. Why should I get rid of it? I've had it 20 years now. I can fix anything that goes wrong with it. Same with any of the five vehicles in my signature. Good luck doing that with your ugly tesla. Who'd Mush hire as a designer, some five year old who designed it on school paper with crayons? Same with all of them. That ugly thing he calls a truck. Could make something better looking with Legos. LMAO!!

I don't get why some folks find it so hard to understand that keeping a vehicle that's not the prettiest in the world, for use on bad weather days, is not a bad idea. It allows me to keep my Lightning and Mustang in the garage, clean and dry while Mother Nature pounds us into the stone age, literally, with hail stones. The Ranger has seen better days looks wise, but it serves a purpose for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a new member to this forum and a new Lightning owner its posts like this that make me not want to come to this forum. Please take it somewhere else.

·
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
As a new member to this forum and a new Lightning owner its posts like this that make me not want to come to this forum. Please take it somewhere else.
Originally, this thread was in General Chat. I have no idea why it got moved to the Gen. II forum. Or who did it. It should be in General Chat. Would one of the mods please move it back where it belongs.

Welcome to the forum by the way. As usual, if you don't like something, don't read it. The topic has now been moved back where I started it, out of Gen. II and into General Chat. Long may it stay there.

·
Administrator
18,342 Posts
"One of the Mods", LOL! I moved it. But flag posts or at least PM me if there is ever something that needs attention. I may not see the request if it is just typed in a post mid thread.

Jim

·
10,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #207 (Edited)
"One of the Mods", LOL! I moved it. But flag posts or at least PM me if there is ever something that needs attention. I may not see the request if it is just typed in a post mid thread.

Jim
Are there more than one, or are you the only one? I thought Dusten was a mod as well. No biggie, Thanks for moving it. It boggles my mind why it got moved or who did it. I originally posted it in General Chat. That's where it belongs, it's not a Gen. II topic.

I have some things I can do, such as deleting SPAM. And dealing with the dead Oklahoma forum. LOL! But moving topics ain't one of them.

·
Administrator
18,342 Posts
I have global site powers as Moderator and Admin. Dusten has limitations. For all who help, I am happy to have it. I will not see everything myself with what I read these days. Years ago it was every word. Now, I have other things/hobbies taking up time.

Jim

201 - 208 of 208 Posts