Lightning Rodder banner

181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
I know they don't have a "hood" persay. My comment was just that the item we know of as a hood was open. Anyhow, I still haven't seen another one. So far, that remains my sole siting of a tesla. And it makes me happy, I don't want one anywhere within a half mile of me. And like I said, the apartments I'm in don't allow chargers in the garages, for the "known fire hazards". Yeah, they don't allow containers of gasoline either. But, I've lived here seven years and always have two or three five gallon containers full of 93 octane. Nothing's ever been said about it. Only sparky cars I see around here are Toyota Prius. They're everywhere. At least they don't have a 1000 pound bomb in them.
No reply to the fact it was a diesel fire?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Modern aircraft have a massive amount of computer input. Read up on how they land....
Sir,
The B-1, the bomber that thinks it's a fighter, is actually faster than the F-15 at low altitude. This is due to the radar used in the bomber can actually " see" over the horizon.

The Air Force is in the process of updating a few F-15s with a system that can "read" the data from the F-22 without either aircraft broadcasting signals.

The Lockheed L-1011, which was their only attempt at commercial airliners, could indeed land themselves.

Keith

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Still no response that it wasn't electric because it doesn't fit his narrative...

news report said:
It was initially reported the fire started in an electric vehicle, but news broadcaster NRK later reported the fire started in a recalled 2005 Opel Zafira. The car was recalled after a similar fire in Cork, Ireland in August last year, causing damage to about 60 cars. Police said they questioned the car's owner.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Still no response that it wasn't electric because it doesn't fit his narrative...
Because I didn't see it. Unlike here, on ZH articles keep dropping further and further down as new articles replace them. And no amount of comments keeps an article at the top. So eventually, they just end up on page 2, then 3, then 4. I rarely ever go further than page 1. Many new articles every day to keep you going. Why bother trying to find an article that is ancient history?

I don't have a narrative. I don't give a blinkin shit about electric cars. I'll never own one, nor will I ever even sit in one. They're useless as a tick on a hound dog. Not to mention, they all look like poo. That new "hummer" is fucking ugly. Just like the tesla "truck". And the cars are all jsut regular old four door grocery getters with ugly front ends. The person who designed them should be fired on the spot.

And btw,
Tesla Plunges After Morgan Stanley Cuts To Sell, California Registrations Plummet 47%

And now, I'm back at ZH. Have a great day!

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Because I didn't see it. Unlike here, on ZH articles keep dropping further and further down as new articles replace them. And no amount of comments keeps an article at the top. So eventually, they just end up on page 2, then 3, then 4. I rarely ever go further than page 1. Many new articles every day to keep you going. Why bother trying to find an article that is ancient history?

I don't have a narrative. I don't give a blinkin shit about electric cars. I'll never own one, nor will I ever even sit in one. They're useless as a tick on a hound dog. Not to mention, they all look like poo. That new "hummer" is fucking ugly. Just like the tesla "truck". And the cars are all jsut regular old four door grocery getters with ugly front ends. The person who designed them should be fired on the spot.

And btw,
Tesla Plunges After Morgan Stanley Cuts To Sell, California Registrations Plummet 47%

You didn't need to see it there. I posted a reputable article for you. And you have a massive narrative in your hate for electrical cars. Completely glossing over the fact that every argument you have against that can be made against any car. You also told me no way that fire could be that big from a petrol car.... But it was. Lol

Basically you are saying that you read a story once and never follow up to verify. Initial reports from the news are rarely correct.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You didn't need to see it there. I posted a reputable article for you. And you have a massive narrative in your hate for electrical cars. Completely glossing over the fact that every argument you have against that can be made against any car. You also told me no way that fire could be that big from a petrol car.... But it was. Lol

Basically you are saying that you read a story once and never follow up to verify. Initial reports from the news are rarely correct.
I think he is drinking the kool-aide from his zero hedge, they make sure the propaganda fits their narrative and agenda.

·
Registered
741 Posts

And btw,

But what about this article

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
I'm baaaaaack!

Just bumping one of my favorite reads on LR lol. Cracking up at the silence from cbxer after hanging his punchline on an electric vehicle causing the fire from his story he was citing and a gas vehicle would never do anything like that, and turned out to be an internal combustion car LOL

I know they don't have a "hood" persay. My comment was just that the item we know of as a hood was open. Anyhow, I still haven't seen another one. So far, that remains my sole siting of a tesla. And it makes me happy, I don't want one anywhere within a half mile of me. And like I said, the apartments I'm in don't allow chargers in the garages, for the "known fire hazards". Yeah, they don't allow containers of gasoline either. But, I've lived here seven years and always have two or three five gallon containers full of 93 octane. Nothing's ever been said about it. Only sparky cars I see around here are Toyota Prius. They're everywhere. At least they don't have a 1000 pound bomb in them.
Yeah, your comment was you making it up not realizing tesla's don't have the motor under the hood, and to you it sounded like a tesla with the hood up would look like any other gas vehicle broken down with the hood up. Think what you want of Tesla owners, they know the front hood is a frunk lol. And i'm not saying they're perfect, like any vehicle out there they can break down, but I can assure you folks aren't popping their frunk and wondering what went wrong lol, they're just calling the service center.

And just because it was your "sole" sighting of a tesla means didly squat, although I find it humorous your making it seem like that means they aren't doing well because you don't notice them lol. They're exceeding sales milestones every quarter. Check their stock lately? Among everything else crashing with the pandemic, Tesla stock has still been in the 700's, right where it was before the recent crash.

Oh and LOL at the comment about Prius not having 1000 lb bomb on them....you do realize hybrid cars have BATTERIES as well right? Hybrid means they run off gas AND electric....where do you think that electric is stored?....b-a-t-t-e-r-i-e-s lol

Anxiously awaiting my cyber truck! They're over 600k pre-orders!

Oh and my model 3 got a few more SW updates (for freeeee, and over the air). Full-self-drive option now recognizes red lights and stop signs and will stop at them automatically. Again, easily bypassed and require acknowledgement so the driver is still driving (just like you're still driving while using cruise control), but it just goes to show they continue to improve and raise the bar.

·
14,528 Posts
^I would 100000% be all over that thing if they made it for production.

Sure the wrenching is part of the fun, however I have enough hobbies to wrench on. As an EE, that just tickles my fancy to begin with, but I'd also think it'd be much more reliable from a powertrain sense to continually flog on, and allow more time racing at absurd E/Ts, than typical gas vehicles to run those same E/Ts and deal with maintenance, tuning, etc.

On another note, why the heck is this thread in the gen 2 section and not general chat? lol

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #194 (Edited)
I know the stupid tesla doesn't have the motor under the hood. But, what do you do if you're stuck in a left turn lane and you can't even turn the flashers on to warn others you're stuck? Hmmm? Open the hood, common sign of vehicle in distress. Geez, you're dumb.

And I know the prius has batteries, just not near as many of them as a dedicated all electric has.

I stand by what I've said. You can't give me a sparky vehicle. Any of them. Now or ever.

Oh yeah, still haven't seen another tesla to this date. And I'm out and about all the time. If they're out there, they aren't eye-catching.

And my silence is because I'm not on here every day. And because this thread has died. If no one posts anything here, why do I need to respond? This site is slow! There's much more active sites out there these days to keep the mind alive. Also the topic of discussion for the last three months, increasingly has been the damn beer virus. There hasn't been much said about tesla, or any other auto manufacturer since January. Auto sales are hurting across the board, including tesla. I believe tesla even closed one or more of it's tent facilities. But so have Ford, GM and Mopar. Yet this harley dude, comes in here once every three months, wakes up his harley truck thread, which was dead in the water, wakes up this thread, which was dead in the water, and now he'll be gone again until July or so. Guess he didn't get the beer virus memo. I hardly go to ZH these days, not like I used to. All the articles are the damn beer virus. I'm sick of reading and hearing about it! I check in there once a day. But hey, the weather's looking up, and I'm out riding my scooters. Every chance I get.

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
1400hp Electric Cobra Mustang
And like everything else that is high powered, that thing is going to be out of reach of most people. Bet you it ends up being a $100,000 + vehicle. You can have it.

·
14,528 Posts
lol of course it'd be around 100k, the gas powered CJ is also a 6 figure pony car. If they decide to go beyond just prototype on that thing, I'll be all over one!

hey cbxer, when you get a chance, google Ford stock and then google Tesla stock lol. One went from around $9 a share for the entire year to under $5 (~50% loss) with the pandemic, the other went from $200 up to $900+, and is at ~$750 with the pandemic...which is around 15-20% loss from the peak, but still 350 to 400% gains from the start of the year.....but oh you don't notice them in your podunk town, and you saw one broken down once, they must be hurting right? lol

·
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Was reading an article in Car and Driver ragazine at lunch today, and stumbled on this little tidbit. Did you know that a tesla model 3, if you dare to use the heater in the winter to warm yourself, the car only has a range of 173 miles?

Wow! I'll pass on that. That's not far enough for it to be worth a thin dime.

·
Administrator
18,297 Posts
Was reading an article in Car and Driver ragazine at lunch today, and stumbled on this little tidbit. Did you know that a tesla model 3, if you dare to use the heater in the winter to warm yourself, the car only has a range of 173 miles?

I am no Tesla fan. Hate the subsidies they receive. And an all electric vehicle does not appeal to me right now. But that range could be fine for a commuter who puts less than that mileage on each day. Especially if they have a subsidized charging station at work.

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts

I've got to ask. Why do you feel the need to create a condescending term for anything you dislike?

IE ragazine, failbook or any other number of things. It comes across wildly immature.

181 - 200 of 208 Posts