Lightning Rodder banner

Who's tracked built motor mpg?

1K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  dude lightning 
#1 ·
Checked mine today. 10.8 with about a 60/40 city/hwy split

#4 ·
I got 15 between Atlanta and Charelston doing between 35-45 mph due to icey conditions on the roads. Best I've ever gotten.

Because I have a 12gal fuel cell, I'm very happy to get 10mpg the way I drive.

#7 ·
8-11 mixed driving on e85
Best is about 13 all freeway also on corn.

#10 ·
I get about 10-11 mostly city driving, work is only 10 min from me. Mixed driving

#13 ·
about a 200 mile drive. all freeway doing about 60 got me a tad over 19 mpgs. but thats not my average. lol. It would be hard to get a good measure doing city driving with our trucks. Unless you could drive easy from every light and every stop, but I doubt any of us could do it. A few wot pulls or some spirited driving and your mileage will be shit. even though overall our built motors will still do pretty decent if drivin easy. theres no reason for them to be much worse than stock. Except under boost of course.(way worse but more fun)

#15 ·
17mpg hwy cruising at 70 / 12.5 city - used to get around 14.5 city, but that was before the 2600 stall torque converter. Seriously thinking about putting the stock converter back in now that it's no longer raced.............. (the 2001 Lightining).

When I was breaking in the new engine on the 02, I got about 6 mpg - no fun on a 10 gal tank.

Bird

#18 ·
Just under 16 MPG driving to and from the shore but that is with a soft pedal.

At the track 4 MPG per pass. Basically use 1/2 gallon of race fuel per pass. Pit road to burnout box, 1/4 mile pass, 3/4 mile shutdown and trip back to pits is about 2 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.