Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think makes the best indash dvd player

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have the pioneer unit. i like it cause of the huge way you can adjust the sound.its a pain to get it just right but its worth it. :smt023

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Yeah the Keenwood makes a Nice unit I give them that. But I persoanly have played with the three top Alpine,Panasonic, and the Keenwood. By Far the Panasonic has the looks and all the Features I would want in a Deck. If you are running a WBC you can hook it up to your indash unit and use it at dyno runs as well as DD.

·
Registered
110 Posts
svtdemon said:
i have the pioneer unit. i like it cause of the huge way you can adjust the sound.its a pain to get it just right but its worth it. :smt023
I have heard some really bad things about Pioneer =/
Panasonic is ok....

Alpine, Kenwood and Clarion are the best. I personally just installed a Kenwood last weekend and love it.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I agree pioneer has never inpressed me with any car audio ever. I know lots of people with the Keenwood,alpine and panasonic units with no problems.

Got any pics of it installed yet [smilie=popcorn.gif]

Whats cool is if you are running a WBC you can hook it up to it and use it vs the gague :smt023

·
Registered
110 Posts
99BlackBeast said:
Got any pics of it installed yet [smilie=popcorn.gif]
You talking to me?
I got it installed. I even have a little "install" thread on gmfullsize.com fullsizechevy.com and performancetrucks.com (performancetrucks.com has a lightning section and the lightning section is actually growing pretty good.)

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like them all but I think I like the Panasonic because I can run the W.B.C. through it

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the pioneer 5700 ad (the n1). was 999.99 at ccity and with my discount got it for 799.99. So far very good unit no problems, stock audio for now though because kicker is redoing their employee items and such ( i get 70% of the MSRP, msrp is what the stores get it for LOL). I also got the 4 year warranty on the tv for $170. So in 2009 if the tv is still ok im going to hold the tv open with my hand and press he open/close button so i get a new one for free!

go circuit city! -to bad for our insurance company :D

G

·
kenwood

I recently installed a kenwood kvt 617dvd in my lightning. I love it 100%, and i don't know if its better than everything, but i do know that its better than pioneer.
Reasoning: I finally figured out how to burn dvds (music videos, comedy clips, etc) and one of my friends wanted to play a dvd on his pioneer dvd unit, but apparently pioneer has some sort of lock or filter against "bootleg" dvds.
-You might want to ask about this before you buy a brand that won't let you play your "illegal" movies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts