Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what you guys have heard and probably experienced, who makes the best S/C kenne bell or whipple?

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Both are great choices. Can't really go wrong with either. For me it all comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think whipple makes a better product for the lightning

but KB deff for the 03-04 cobras

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,544 Posts
from what you guys have heard and probably experienced, who makes the best S/C kenne bell or whipple?

:laughing25

where's that beating a dead horse smiley lurking at when you need it :laughing25

it's like asking what kind of soda do people prefer, you're going to find there are people loyal to both brands and the Whipple 2.3's and the KenneBell 2.6's are better suited to what majority of people need, want and expect from a twin screw.

depedning on your budget, goals etc which way you should go and if you're on a stock long block a twin screw will not ever be used to it's potential

·
Undisputed Re-Post Master
14,354 Posts
I prefer my whipple 2.3 over my old kb 2.3

KB did have one bonus thou, the way the intake comes in, it makes it easier to change driver side plugs, since the wipple elbow sweeps across that area making it a bit more difficult.

Whipple has a billion times better customer support than KB. Thats been proven time and time again.

Both are kick ass blowers thou. But for instance [email protected] gained 2/10th just by swapping from a kb to a whipple. No other changes were made. (Of course theres always the weather factor, track prep, etc.) But none the less it went faster with the whipple.

KB makes a louder whine noise than the Whipple. I do miss the loud sound.

There always MP Blowers as well, some guys are ripping off sick times with em, and there cheaper than both a KB and a Whipple.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I think whipple makes a better product for the lightning

but KB deff for the 03-04 cobras

It's the same on the 03/04 Cobra's as it is for the L's. Or if we broke it down the Whipple has ran faster track times. Pretty sure the record is still an 8.74 in the 1/4.

·
Banned
4,138 Posts
:shitstormretarded Neither........ MP is the only choice!!!!!!! :smt042
If he means best, I would say MP or Eaton. And that would be biased on reliability, their sheer simplicity makes them the most reliable SC's out there.

Best performing, Whipple 2.3/KB2.3-2.6 Not even gonna mention any bigger blowers, because most go backwards at the track with any bigger blower than that.

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
I choose whipple. I've seen too many threads about KB's locking up, but never anything like that from whipple. I just sent my whip back to them because of a squealing noise & they rebuilt the whole thing under warranty without the invoice that was supposed to have been e-mailed to them. Badass S/C + excellent customer service = win in every category for me.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Whipples are not perfect. My 3.4 started making noise last night and I need to pull it off tonight to see what is up with it. I do however, have not one single worry that Whipple will take care of me and fix it. I have never been let down by their customer service.

·
Banned
4,138 Posts
Haha I'm new here so cut me some slack! Lol clearly this is a common thread
I've been here for a while, I've seen this topic 10,000 times. But I'm still not gonna drill you for asking, because its not your fault.

If we had a sticky on this forum, like every other forum that was titled "Look here first before asking questions" and it had a list of commonly asked questions with the common answer............ I would chew you up and spit you out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been here for a while, I've seen this topic 10,000 times. But I'm still not gonna drill you for asking, because its not your fault.

If we had a sticky on this forum, like every other forum that was titled "Look here first before asking questions" and it had a list of commonly asked questions with the common answer............ I would chew you up and spit you out.
haha i wouldn't blame you!! and that's what that is!! Learning by the day here lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts