Lightning Rodder banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
A little side note about nitrous ,if you have a snail , nitrous will i turn it into a rabbit* in the end you still have a snail**
but if That floats your boat ,So be it*
You can also use nitrous to spool your snail and haul the mail lol. I spray a 100 shot on my turbo gen 1 lightning for about 0.8 seconds to get it to spool up faster and 60' harder.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dusten

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
You can also use nitrous to spool your snail and haul the mail lol. I spray a 100 shot on my turbo gen 1 lightning for about 0.8 seconds to get it to spool up faster and 60' harder.

Well my friend I can tell you know what you are doing that’s for sure, if ever tried anything like that,my truck won’t last a day * Lol*
All I know is that I have had very good results with my trucks going on (10) years now so I will have to stick with what I know and have been doing For a decade which is not much next to you,lol all I know is how to take care of my trucks and to get them to (60) Ft the best they can after that JDM takes over *LOL

Anyway I want to thank you for your interest and input *
again thank you *

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Jim isn’t that the most beautiful race horse you have ever seen *
yes you were there to congratulate me and I will always remember that day,as you knew more about my truck as then I idid *it was you who inspired me in racing my Truck We don’t call you TOPGUN for nothing *LOL

hopefully you can get your 2.3 whipple Lightning ready for next Spookfest * it will be an honor just to be at the tree and see you along side me,that would be amazing *

what some people may not know your truck is also a (JDM ) built truck *

anyway we will see you at this Spookfest ***

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
BTW that horse was on the cover of Sports illustrated*
Yes. I remember. I have three kinda unusual sports "heros". Dale Earnhardt. Karch Kirali (best indoor and outdoor volleyball player ever). And the third is Secretariat. Yes. A horse is in my top three of all time favorite athletes.

Jim

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Fixed it

You're welcome
Yes. I remember. I have three kinda unusual sports "heros". Dale Earnhardt. Karch Kirali (best indoor and outdoor volleyball player ever). And the third is Secretariat. Yes. A horse is in my top three of all time favorite athletes.

Jim
yes I was glued to the TV for all (3) race’s that year in (1973 he broke the record at the Kentucky Derby * broke the record at the Preakness *and crushed the record at the last race The Belmont stakes to Complete the triple crown he won by unbelievable (31) LENGTHS and set the record of a mile and a half the Longest race a race horse will go in record time of (2:24 Flat) *those ((((records)) are (49) years and still counting (((records))) that will NEVER be BROKEN

My Black Lightning the (MP) boost only record holder is named after this amazing horse*

and yes They consider him more than a race horse , they Consider him an athlete* And he was*

not to mention he was the perfect specimen of a race horse*
he won (16) out of his (21) race’s * But he was amazing* there will never be another like him* EVER***

June 9,1973* a date i will never forget***

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Fixed it

You're welcome
When I look at the entire Lightning scene, I have to disagree. The majority of people (including me) cant dial their trucks on motor (read as boost only). I see time and time again people copying someone's parts and just hoping it works before the truck tells them it needs it. So when we add spraying off the line, it makes it even harder to make everything work.

Some people chose to take a lot of weight out their truck to run a number, some people spray. When i lose to bikes or cars i dont make excuses i weigh too much. heck, i prefer to run AWD stuff from a dig and cars from a roll just to see what I have.

With that said, I do enjoy micro records. I love to see what a blower combo can do. I do agree with the negatives of nitrous but it isnt easy. Which is why i took my 150 shot several years ago.
my friend svt-BansheeMan *how the heck are you doing hopefully you and your family are doing well *
I can see you do some street racing,I did that years ago and it’s definitely fun and much Different than the track*

you say the majority of people including yourself can’t dial in your trucks, and have to use nitrous to get a good 60 ft and that makes it more difficult I can see that happening*

if you would allow me to give you my input about you* CANT DIAL IN YOUR TRUCK*

i have no experience with using nitrous on my trucks so I can’t comment on that*

But on a boost only truck I can tell you the less wt is a big plus*

Has far as dialing in your truck , that is not so hard to do, I don’t care WHAT KIND OF POWER you are making*
my Suspension and driving techniques WORKS *with lightnings from 596 rwhp to 825 +rwhp

it’s not that hard to do*

And once you get your best 60 ft and Et * Don’t change anything, the only thing is maybe a little tire pressure and how you Launch the truck predicated on track conditions, (((that’s the most important thing)))other than that don’t change anything* consistency is what you need*

I’m talking Through experience I have not changed my suspension and driving techniques in (8) years on all 3 of my trucks * from my MP lightning to my silver assassin 2.3 whipple *

I’m not patting myself on the back, but it’s is a FACT*

My (MP) & (2.3) whipple have the FASTEST (60) FTs*
my trucks are nothing SPECIAL *

If my trucks can 60 ft the best they can with my system
so can YOURS*

The key to great Ets are great (60) Fts**

my truck and I are a TEAM we have a Job to do*

my job is to get my truck OFF the line as BEST as I can*

and the truck will DO the rest*

it’s that simple*

you can always PM me if you like more details*
Thank you for your time in reading my post

hopefully this will help you to better your ets*

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,619 Posts
UF is correct about getting these trucks to 60', The Gen1 2.3 would run out of steam on the big end.
My iron block 5.4 with a Gen1 2.3 went 1.313 in the 60' , the 2.9 with a aluminum 5.8 went 1.293 60'
Hopefully soon the 3.8 Whipple will even better the 60'.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I know for me a radial is quicker in the 60' than a slick. Game changer going to double adjustables as well. at end of day though these trucks are really easy to 60', even into the low 1.3's. if track is decent then nobody should have a problem hooking a gen 2 truck with 600-900 hp. longbars and double adjustables will do it all day.

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I know for me a radial is quicker in the 60' than a slick. Game changer going to double adjustables as well. at end of day though these trucks are really easy to 60', even into the low 1.3's. if track is decent then nobody should have a problem hooking a gen 2 truck with 600-900 hp. longbars and double adjustables will do it all day.

Awesome it’s nice to see that I’m not the only one who thinks it’s not so difficult to (60) Ft our gen 2 Lightnings *

yes 600- 900 hp is correct, That’s why I don’t see the need to use nitrous to better your (60) Ft*

And about the Radial being quicker than a slick,I definitely don’t disagree with that but I don’t want to make that change just yet, my only concern is the Wt difference, the slicks are much Lighter*

As for the best (60) ft on a 5.4 Gen 2 with a 2.3 whipple on a Radial went better Than a 1.31 (60) ?
if someone did please post it ,I don’t know of any* but if it did I won’t be surprised*

I’m glad to see someone who also thinks it’s not so difficult to get our lightnings to (60) well*

And as for the double adjustable shocks ,that might be my next move since I have Single adjustable*
I guess I’ll know after Spookfest *

Thank you my friend for your input and interest on this post *
LR can use more people like you that has the interest in our beautiful lightning trucks *

Again Thank you *

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
UF is correct about getting these trucks to 60', The Gen1 2.3 would run out of steam on the big end.
My iron block 5.4 with a Gen1 2.3 went 1.313 in the 60' , the 2.9 with a aluminum 5.8 went 1.293 60'
Hopefully soon the 3.8 Whipple will even better the 60'.
My man Marty * Saying I’m right about anything is a great compliment coming from you as you are the John Force in our lightning community*LOL*

I can’t wait to see a 8 second time slip from your monster of a lightning*

hopefully it will be soon* I would give anything to see you at Spookfest * that would be awesome *

II’ll give you a call next Tuesday *
please Stay safe *

·
Registered
945 Posts
Awesome it’s nice to see that I’m not the only one who thinks it’s not so difficult to (60) Ft our gen 2 Lightnings *

yes 600- 900 hp is correct, That’s why I don’t see the need to use nitrous to better your (60) Ft*

And about the Radial being quicker than a slick,I definitely don’t disagree with that but I don’t want to make that change just yet, my only concern is the Wt difference, the slicks are much Lighter*

As for the best (60) ft on a 5.4 Gen 2 with a 2.3 whipple on a Radial went better Than a 1.31 (60) ?
if someone did please post it ,I don’t know of any* but if it did I won’t be surprised*

I’m glad to see someone who also thinks it’s not so difficult to get our lightnings to (60) well*

And as for the double adjustable shocks ,that might be my next move since I have Single adjustable*
I guess I’ll know after Spookfest *

Thank you my friend for your input and interest on this post *
LR can use more people like you that has the interest in our beautiful lightning trucks *

Again Thank you *
Well at 4600 lbs my best 60' was a 1.37 on boost only. On 100 shot it was 1.31 with me hitting the spray as soon as the truck starts pulling the tire. Got the nitrous on a grab button. None of that progressive junk.

·
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Well at 4600 lbs my best 60' was a 1.37 on boost only. On 100 shot it was 1.31 with me hitting the spray as soon as the truck starts pulling the tire. Got the nitrous on a grab button. None of that progressive junk.

Very impressive at 4600 Lbs and go a 1.37 (60 you are definitely making good power ,keep it up*
and thank you for your input *

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,025 Posts
my friend svt-BansheeMan *how the heck are you doing hopefully you and your family are doing well *
I can see you do some street racing,I did that years ago and it’s definitely fun and much Different than the track*

you say the majority of people including yourself can’t dial in your trucks, and have to use nitrous to get a good 60 ft and that makes it more difficult I can see that happening*

if you would allow me to give you my input about you* CANT DIAL IN YOUR TRUCK*

i have no experience with using nitrous on my trucks so I can’t comment on that*

But on a boost only truck I can tell you the less wt is a big plus*

Has far as dialing in your truck , that is not so hard to do, I don’t care WHAT KIND OF POWER you are making*
my Suspension and driving techniques WORKS *with lightnings from 596 rwhp to 825 +rwhp

it’s not that hard to do*

And once you get your best 60 ft and Et * Don’t change anything, the only thing is maybe a little tire pressure and how you Launch the truck predicated on track conditions, (((that’s the most important thing)))other than that don’t change anything* consistency is what you need*

I’m talking Through experience I have not changed my suspension and driving techniques in (8) years on all 3 of my trucks * from my MP lightning to my silver assassin 2.3 whipple *

I’m not patting myself on the back, but it’s is a FACT*

My (MP) & (2.3) whipple have the FASTEST (60) FTs*
my trucks are nothing SPECIAL *

If my trucks can 60 ft the best they can with my system
so can YOURS*

The key to great Ets are great (60) Fts**

my truck and I are a TEAM we have a Job to do*

my job is to get my truck OFF the line as BEST as I can*

and the truck will DO the rest*

it’s that simple*

you can always PM me if you like more details*
Thank you for your time in reading my post

hopefully this will help you to better your ets*
I wasnt clear on my post which is my fault. The family is doing great and I hope yall are also doing well.

I have a local that dials in my truck when I go so no issues there. I also dont spray at the track and have not sprayed in for over 10 years now. You did say anyone can go fast on nitrous which just isnt true. There's more to it than just installing a nitrous kit and it magically runs a number. Just as there's more than slapping a 2.3 whipple on a built longblock then shedding weight and going mid 9's or especially doing it consistently for a long time. I lost track of how many people lose engines trying.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts