Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just to set the record straight, the MP boost only record was first set by Big Jim (TOPGU)N) back in (2008) with a 10.89 Et*

Fast forward to 11/15/14

secretariat took the record with an ET 10.602 with a (1.449) (60) Ft @127.03 mph
on vp103 unleaded fuel with A/C Radio/heater *

That record still stands today (14) years and still counting *

just like the real secretariat who won the triple crown back on 6/9/73
(49) years and still counting will stand forever *

My secretariat is no longer a racer, but she can still hold her own*

The history of this JDM built and tuned unbelievable (2002) lightning will take up too much time to explain and will be very hard to believe *

that being said you now know who holds the MP boost only record *
****and that’s the truth *

and you definitely can believe my (((AVATAR)))

no matter what Jim says *

Thank you for your time in reading this post *

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
LOL. I have never challenged your boost only record. I was there to shake your hand when you first eclipsed the mark. Great job and congratulations. I know how hard those numbers are to achieve.

Now retired...

My issue with your avatar is it says "fastest". Mine went faster thru the traps...

Way back in 2008. I ran 133.7 at Atco with traction issues while running 10.11ET. I also took out the bottle and lowered my boost record to 10.89. The record you broke.

Jim

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL. I have never challenged your boost only record. I was there to shake your hand when you first eclipsed the mark. Great job and congratulations. I know how hard those numbers are to achieve.

Now retired...

My issue with your avatar is it says "fastest". Mine went faster thru the traps...

Way back in 2008. I ran 133.7 at Atco with traction issues while running 10.11ET. I also took out the bottle and lowered my boost record to 10.89. The record you broke.

Jim
My man Jim (TOPGUN) I’m talking about boost only record ( NOT nitrous)You know how I feel about nitrous*
I definitely don’t mean any disrespect because you were the very first person I went to when I wanted to know about secretariat* you knew more about my truck then I did* But nitrous is not impressive to me and not to be encouraged to use*

I already have Explained to you the Reasons why*

in the past I have gotten countless text messages from MP owners in how to Improve on their MP trucks*
and gave them information that I have learned from my truck*

Again anyone can go fast with nitrous, not so hard to do* But very dangerous and hard on the motor*

that being said secretariat as you know was a Connecticut truck built by JDM in February 2005*
and as we speak the Valve covers have never been off the truck since then*

That’s (17) years and she still can run High 10s A Nitrous truck Can never make that Claim

when she set that 10.602 record in 2014 the motor was Already (9) year’s old *

same cams same valve springs same injectors* same lifters* same pushrods* same oil pump *same heads *
same pistons* same rings*

although she’s a little tired and lost some of her (60)ft just before i took her off the track she still ran a 10.67 @127.20
with a not so good (1.540) 60 FT*

so after (166) runs and (6) years of racing this amazing lightning I call secretariat i took her off the track,,she’s tired but not hurt*
and now she’s a weekend warrior, and is amazing as a street truck *on a 100 degree day the A/C is ice cold *

if I had used nitrous for (6) years and (166) runs would I have this motor still together and not hurt and enjoying her as a weekend warrior,and the answer is NO*

not to mention if you would go on MP website you will see a video of secretariat* as Charles (The guy who invented the MP blower uses my truck to increase his sales on his MP blower* WOULD HE HAVE Use my truck to Advertise his blower if I use nitrous and the answer is NO**

also if you go on (BTS )website (Brian’s truck shop) you will also see a video of secretariat in Advertising his transmissions* i’ll ask you again,if I use nitrous would BTS use my truck for advertising his transmissions ?and the answer is NO*

I have said it once I’ll say it 1000 times to all my Lightning brothers and sisters Do not use nitrous it’s the easy way to go fast, and even easier to blow up your motor*

the bottom line is my truck can still go to the track on a build that’s (17) years old and still keep up with the best of them *
no nitrous lightning can make that Clam * NONE*

*now you know why i say Secretariat is an unbelievable lightning *

i REST MY CASE*

see you at Spookfest

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sometimes you gotta spray it if you want to run a number. Got a 2006 jdm motor and been 5.97 in the 1/8 with some spray at nearly 4600lbs. Now only time we hurt motor was on boost only running the 1/4 mile when it was cold out. Jdm tune pegged MAF and blew head gaskets. Actually did it on our truck and another jdm truck on same day. In all honesty it was too cold to be racing but you can hurt stuff without nitrous. But I have been tuning the truck for last few years so I know exactly where everything is. Nitrous is still useful tool. Without it the truck would only run 6.20's like a turtle.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sometimes you gotta spray it if you want to run a number. Got a 2006 jdm motor and been 5.97 in the 1/8 with some spray at nearly 4600lbs. Now only time we hurt motor was on boost only running the 1/4 mile when it was cold out. Jdm tune pegged MAF and blew head gaskets. Actually did it on our truck and another jdm truck on same day. In all honesty it was too cold to be racing but you can hurt stuff without nitrous. But I have been tuning the truck for last few years so I know exactly where everything is. Nitrous is still useful tool. Without it the truck would only run 6.20's like a turtle.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Hi * yes I definitely agree,you can definitely hurt your motor without nitrous that’s for sure*

the Bottom line Jim’s MP Lightning running 10.89 on boost only *
and on nitrous he ran 10.11*

Jim has the fastest MP lightning on Nitrous
(((In which is not within the guidelines of the manufacture of the blower)))

Uncle Frank has the fastest MP lightning (boost only)
((((((((in which is accepted within the guidelines by the manufacturer of the blower))))))

you see there are rules **
But if you are talking about Rules of the track, then yes you are right, the track has no rules when it comes to using Nitrous*

Now it’s fixed* thank you very much *LOL LOLLOL

Thank you my friend for your input and interest *

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Now retired...

Jim
Jim isn’t that the most beautiful race horse you have ever seen *

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
Hi * yes I definitely agree,you can definitely hurt your motor without nitrous that’s for sure*

the Bottom line Jim’s MP Lightning running 10.89 on boost only *
and on nitrous he ran 10.11*

Jim has the fastest MP lightning on Nitrous
And that means the fastest MP Lightning! We don't play with any rule book. That is why I like to race the truck. I have leave to do whatever I want.

·
Administrator
18,754 Posts
Yes.!Yes he is. And that '73 Derby was when my Grandfather taught me about gambling. I got Secretariat in an entry with another horse and won. Got me interested in horse racing and gambling ever since. I was 9 at the time.

Jim

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,025 Posts
Again anyone can go fast with nitrous, not so hard to do*
When I look at the entire Lightning scene, I have to disagree. The majority of people (including me) cant dial their trucks on motor (read as boost only). I see time and time again people copying someone's parts and just hoping it works before the truck tells them it needs it. So when we add spraying off the line, it makes it even harder to make everything work.

Some people chose to take a lot of weight out their truck to run a number, some people spray. When i lose to bikes or cars i dont make excuses i weigh too much. heck, i prefer to run AWD stuff from a dig and cars from a roll just to see what I have.

With that said, I do enjoy micro records. I love to see what a blower combo can do. I do agree with the negatives of nitrous but it isnt easy. Which is why i took my 150 shot several years ago.

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
And that means the fastest MP Lightning! We don't play with any rule book. That is why I like to race the truck. I have leave to do whatever I want.
[/QUOTE*
my man Jim* Sorry to say there are (RULES) Whipple for example as well as MP will not recognize a lightning using their blowers if it is on Nitrous* (so There is a rule book)

as I know for a fact because whipple had Offered me the 2.9 to use on my truck as a demo* as long as nitrous was not used* So you see there’s (RULES ) you can make up your rules that’s fine *But There are (RULES)

That being said about (RULES) does that mean you will be using nitrous on your 2.3 Lightning when we have our match race at Spookfest in 2023*
because if you do that would be fine with us*

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
When I look at the entire Lightning scene, I have to disagree. The majority of people (including me) cant dial their trucks on motor (read as boost only). I see time and time again people copying someone's parts and just hoping it works before the truck tells them it needs it. So when we add spraying off the line, it makes it even harder to make everything work.

Some people chose to take a lot of weight out their truck to run a number, some people spray. When i lose to bikes or cars i dont make excuses i weigh too much. heck, i prefer to run AWD stuff from a dig and cars from a roll just to see what I have.

With that said, I do enjoy micro records. I love to see what a blower combo can do. I do agree with the negatives of nitrous but it isnt easy. Which is why i took my 150 shot several years ago.
hi my friend nice to hear from you* I guess I’m from the old school lol*
thank you for your input * please st safe *

·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My man Jim (TOPGUN) I’m talking about boost only record ( NOT nitrous)You know how I feel about nitrous*
I definitely don’t mean any disrespect because you were the very first person I went to when I wanted to know about secretariat* you knew more about my truck then I did* But nitrous is not impressive to me and not to be encouraged to use*

I already have Explained to you the Reasons why*

in the past I have gotten countless text messages from MP owners in how to Improve on their MP trucks*
and gave them information that I have learned from my truck*

Again anyone can go fast with nitrous, not so hard to do* But very dangerous and hard on the motor*

that being said secretariat as you know was a Connecticut truck built by JDM in February 2005*
and as we speak the Valve covers have never been off the truck since then*

That’s (17) years and she still can run High 10s A Nitrous truck Can never make that Claim

when she set that 10.602 record in 2014 the motor was Already (9) year’s old *

same cams same valve springs same injectors* same lifters* same pushrods* same oil pump *same heads *
same pistons* same rings*

although she’s a little tired and lost some of her (60)ft just before i took her off the track she still ran a 10.67 @127.20
with a not so good (1.540) 60 FT*

so after (166) runs and (6) years of racing this amazing lightning I call secretariat i took her off the track,,she’s tired but not hurt*
and now she’s a weekend warrior, and is amazing as a street truck *on a 100 degree day the A/C is ice cold *

if I had used nitrous for (6) years and (166) runs would I have this motor still together and not hurt and enjoying her as a weekend warrior,and the answer is NO*

not to mention if you would go on MP website you will see a video of secretariat* as Charles (The guy who invented the MP blower uses my truck to increase his sales on his MP blower* WOULD HE HAVE Use my truck to Advertise his blower if I use nitrous and the answer is NO**

also if you go on (BTS )website (Brian’s truck shop) you will also see a video of secretariat in Advertising his transmissions* i’ll ask you again,if I use nitrous would BTS use my truck for advertising his transmissions ?and the answer is NO*

I have said it once I’ll say it 1000 times to all my Lightning brothers and sisters Do not use nitrous it’s the easy way to go fast, and even easier to blow up your motor*

the bottom line is my truck can still go to the track on a build that’s (17) years old and still keep up with the best of them *
no nitrous lightning can make that Clam * NONE*

*now you know why i say Secretariat is an unbelievable lightning *

i REST MY CASE*

see you at Spookfest
just saying hello

1 - 20 of 39 Posts