Lightning Rodder banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've also barely gone 6's in the 1/8th so I'm slow af
That's still quick though. High 10 second truck.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wouldn't drive these trucks in the HOT TX summers even with A/C. Trans temps, iat's, blower and engine temps heat soak easily. Mine hibernates during the summer and comes out in the fall/winter/spring.
Y'all probably little hotter than us in SC. 100 degrees is real common with 100% humidity. Though that is probably when we drive ours around the most. One of the reasons we went e85 so we don't have to worry so much about iat temps on the street.

·
Registered
947 Posts
That's street cred with me. No A/C = not a street truck here in the south lol

A/C is not needed to be a street vehicle. I personally hate a/c. I love the heat thats why i moved down to Tampa. Anything below 75*F is cold to me. I got rid of my ac for two reasons, i hate the shit, and no reason carrying around extra weight for no reason.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Didnt you say you use nitrous? By your way of thinking, how is that still a street truck? Nitrous is illegal in a STREET vehicle.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Oh, mid 90’s trucks did come with no AC (that’s why you can buy a non-AC heater box assembly and a factory AC delete pulley).

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh, mid 90’s trucks did come with no AC (that’s why you can buy a non-AC heater box assembly and a factory AC delete pulley).
Ain't no lightning ever came without it.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Didnt you say you use nitrous? By your way of thinking, how is that still a street truck? Nitrous is illegal in a STREET vehicle.
Nitrous at track only(legal).... On street we take it out(legal).. pretty simple logic. Either way I was referencing street "style" trucks. Not race only type stuff or trucks that don't leave the house unless going to the track lol. Specifically why I would prefer weights of those trucks that been in the 5's "street" or not. Gives us a better understanding of where our truck sits.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
LOL, he got you there Derek!
No he don't... I don't drive around the street with bottle in.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A/C is not needed to be a street vehicle. I personally hate a/c. I love the heat thats why i moved down to Tampa. Anything below 75*F is cold to me. I got rid of my ac for two reasons, i hate the shit, and no reason carrying around extra weight for no reason.
I respect your opinion. Lack of A/C isn't a "deal breaker" for a street truck. It's a subjective topic at best lol. I did elude to the fact that we just poke fun at those people around here without it because it is hot as balls and we call them "race trucks". If your happy to not have AC then that's all that matters. From here out I would just prefer to know the weight of said trucks that have ran 5's. Seems to be a better scale to gauge performance than what is and what isn't "street".

Reactions: Hemithis01

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Because he doesn't have to use it on the street. So is no cats

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I recall when Saleen offered a 2004 Focus with a Nitrous set up straight from the dealership. Yes. Owner would have to fill and hook up bottle but everything was there.

Emission laws vary by state and within each state's county as well. When I live in Maryland there were other counties that required emissions so I always moved to those counties that didn't....
Not really because of emission laws it just worked out that way. LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Nitrous is illegal?
Yeah I believe some places you can't have it in the vehicle. Not illegal to have the solenoids, etc on though.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
I recall when Saleen offered a 2004 Focus with a Nitrous set up straight from the dealership. Yes. Owner would have to fill and hook up bottle but everything was there.

Emission laws vary by state and within each state's county as well. When I live in Maryland there were other counties that required emissions so I always moved to those counties that didn't....
Not really because of emission laws it just worked out that way. LOL
Nitrous isn't an emissions issue.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
The A/C thing I agree is dumb to use that as the deal breaker. As Jamie said, bare bone's fleet models often came without a/c, that's why we can order the v6 non-a/c tensioner pulley that's flipped for non-a/c f150s. Sure not a L, but since when does one specific part have to be STOCK, when everything else can be modded? lol My '85 F150 also doesn't have A/C, and the 20+ seconds it would probably run it the 1/4 mile is as far from "race truck" as you'll get with ladder racks and tool boxes lol.

Things that you actually CAN'T street drive, like sticker headlights on a full fg front clip, on tin foil wheels that can't turn at any speed or hit any potholes, that can't even use pump gas, no alt and can only run for the charge within the battery, and have a 3 gal cell enough for 1 pass, those are race trucks no doubt about it lol. If someone just doesn't care about the heat and ditches a/c because they don't use it, that honestly doesn't matter at all.

Same for things like wipers, heck car show folks remove them just because they look ugly and never drive in the rain. If you can actually drive it on the street, can go on a 30/50/100 mile cruise, and actually DO those things, then it's a street truck no matter what inconveniences the driver wants to deal with (heat, wipers, etc.)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Nitrous isn't an emissions issue.

I was talking to the two separate topics of Nitrous and emission issues. I wasn't implying that nitrous was an emission issue.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts