Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 1/8 mile isn't touched on alot here but it is really all we run around my area. Just wondering how many street style lightnings have been 5's in the 1/8. I touched on it a little bit in one of my last threads but felt it needed its own thread. From my understanding Carmelo and Certified Drunk have done it. I'm sure there had to be a few others as well. We may try to push our truck that fast and it's good to see what others have done. Also, if you have gone 5's it would be nice to know your race weight with driver of course. I think that is a big piece of our puzzle.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,441 Posts
Booger. Casey. Paul Albino from T.I.T.S. Maybe Redrum but he has not posted much lately. Eric P.

Jim

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Those all street trucks I'm guessing? I remember casey's turbo truck. Would probably call that more of a race truck he drove on street lol. Not familiar with some of the others. That is already alot of trucks to go that quick. Chris Garrett gone that fast?

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Paul's truck is a street truck.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Not quite for me 6.102, I need another tenth but I do drive mine on the street quite often mostly in the summer when I am taking a break from racing!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not quite for me 6.102, I need another tenth but I do drive mine on the street quite often mostly in the summer when I am taking a break from racing!
That's really fast though! What kind of race weight?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Paul’s truck is the baddest street driven Lightning around ..And that is my opinion!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Paul’s truck is the baddest street driven Lightning around ..And that is my opinion!
Dang those turbo trucks lol

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Facts. Hasn't that truck been 7s?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes sir 7s has AC too
That's street cred with me. No A/C = not a street truck here in the south lol

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
That's street cred with me. No A/C = not a street truck here in the south lol

I deleted ac and mines 100% street truck.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of vehicles came with no AC from the factory. Can’t use that as a factor.
Not in this century lol. Just about everything from the 80's on had AC. Also every lightning ever made came with AC from factory so that shouldn't be a factor either.... No reason to get rid of it really. If it didn't come with it then that is only exception imo. I also said where "I" live, "I" wouldn't consider it a street vehicle without AC or heat. Guys up north it may be more acceptable. Just a personal belief from a southerner. The truck we lost to in finals the other day removed his AC when he moved to a cooler state temporarily. We give him a hard time all the time about having a "Race truck" because of it. Either way it's just my opinion and who the heck cares lol. Definitely why I asked how many been in the 5's and to list their weight. It gives me a better idea what we need to do without being so subjective on what is a "street" truck. Definitely an argumentative topic.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I deleted ac and mines 100% street truck.
Idk where you live... Maybe somewhere not like satan's backside for most of year lol. Probably makes working on the truck a bit easier I suppose.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Makes it a lot easier. Makes it look better under the hood. I live in a place where you can count the days above 90* on 1 hand. We haven't seen above 100 in a decade at least. A normal summer day is 75 during the day and at 65 at night.

Reactions: s|ck

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,764 Posts
I wouldn't drive these trucks in the HOT TX summers even with A/C. Trans temps, iat's, blower and engine temps heat soak easily. Mine hibernates during the summer and comes out in the fall/winter/spring.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
I've also barely gone 6's in the 1/8th so I'm slow af

1 - 20 of 38 Posts