Stock truck made 351HP at the tire

Threw the 2.3 on with a 3 inch upper and stock 7.5' lower:

AVERAGE of 416HP 466TQ at the tire while seeing 13PSI on the gauge

Then the boost was bumped up. Still 100% stock, no race fuel, no reflash, etc

9 inch lower
3inch upper supercharger pulley

510HP @ 4900RPM's
610TQ @ 3600RPM's

EVERYTHING was maxxed out. Fuel was maxxed out, injectors were maxxed out, MAF was maxxed out thus the power started to fall at the upper RPM's.

All this with the Boost at 21PSI and on stock pcm tune!!!!!!

Also origionally the kit was going to come with a throttle body. To keep the kit cost effective it will not come with a throttle body. They are currently redesigning the intake plenum to accept the stock throttle body setup.

Just thought i would let everyone know

Will

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
HOLY HELL OF A FIRST POST BATMAN [smilie=laugh.gif]

WELCOME AND HELL YEAHHHHHHHH! :D

I'm in like flynnnnnnnnn!

Fawk the turbo stuff I was thinking, I love my blower whine!

This whipple sounds mean!

Any other tidbits of info spanky?

WELCOME to the site bro!

-Chris
(working on the e-zine as we speak :D )

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhh lets see

the 3.3 unit research has stopped. It has been halted for 3 weeks now. Reason being all the other projects being completed: Cobra 3.3, Lightning 2.3 and 3.3, 05' Mustang, 5.4 3V, 5.4 2V, 6.8 3V and some GM applications. JDM is making a top entry plenum for the 3.3 unit. Whipple still wants to make a rear entry plenum for the unit and will do so once the other projects lighten up.

Pricing: Whipple is working with Ford Racing on pricing. The 2300 will be around 3200 bux and the 3300 will be around 3900bux. This was when the 2300 was going to come with a throttle body. It might go down i'm not sure.

If you have any questions just ask

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
litnfast said:
What does this Whipple sound like?

Does it scream like an eaton or mp?
It sounds exactly like the works 140 unit. The works 140 is a 2300unit with a custom rear entry plenum

Will

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spank are those std #s or sae#s?Seems like a really nice setup.Would love to see what itll put down on a built and highly modded setup.

·
Registered
454 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
Awesome  [smilie=bow.gif]
I'm still waiting for this one:

:smt077
LOL... Will you be my intake?
Should get an awesome blower whine then!

·
Registered
270 Posts
what blower is that leeann?

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Dam,

They'll let anyone join this Forum  [smilie=eek4.gif]
Spanky with a killer 1st post, and looky here, Chim Shady himself :shock:

Who the hell is in charge around here anyway  :smt017
[smilie=omgrofl.gif]

Spanky Spanky Spanky, am I going to have to SPANK YO A$$ on the 1320
Again
(almost)
OR SOMETHING :D

Sup Pal,  [smilie=wavey.gif] long time no talk, Great to see you found your way over,
and excellent results, outright amazing,   [smilie=bow.gif]
500/600+ with a simple bolt on :smt118 WOO HOO

Was it your L ?

And Chim you Dog, great timing  :smt023 and THANKS for joining Pal  :cheers:
Us Loony Ass Magnum Users, WILL DO SOME SPANKING OF OUR OWN :D
BTW
I did a little piece for our FIRST EDITION of the Lightning Rodder "On Line Mag E-Zine, and YOUR in it, (or your testing and words at least)
I would have asked you if it's ok for me to use your Pic's and quotes,
BUT HEY THIS IS ME WHERE TALKING ABOUT, AND I CAN DO WHAT EVER THE FRUCK I WANT :D
Plus this is the Net, and there are no rules

(should be on line tonight OR tommorrow, on the front page)
http://www.lightningrodder.com/

At the moment our Video and Sound File Section's are off line, that'll be back any minute now
RIGHT CHRIS
:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SlowSVT95 said:
Awesome  [smilie=bow.gif]
I'm still waiting for this one:

:smt077
the 3.3 is a hell of a unit. As you can see the adapter plate is huge. and it is currently going to be redesigned to bring it farther down. JDM is helping out by making an upper plenum for the unit like the stock lightning one looks like. Whipple still wants a rear entry unit and will be making one once production of other projects die down. Although it looks as if JDM has already finished their upper plenum project lol

Litnfst:

I'm sure those numbers are most likely STD. once i get the graphs i'll compute them out. Besides it looks like everyone is using STD anymore

Rob:

I was a member before but i guess i got deleated cus i had to re register

Once this 3.3 comes out you will be wishing you had a 600shot and 60lbs going through your truck. This thing is a monster. Dustin asked if i wanted to run a prototype 3.3 so most likely i will. It will prob be the rear entry unit though.

Will

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
new updates:

All dyno numbers are in SAE format. Dyno graphs will be sent once testing is complete.

there is not a real possibility with the Group purchase

The truck used is a 2003 lightning. Ford is loaning whipple the truck. To those of you that went to sema, the red lightning that ford used as a drifting demonstration, that is the truck that whipple is currently running the 2.3 on. Here are a few differences between the whipple and the Kb:

KB is not better. There using a radial entry compressor which has approx. 10% lower VE vs. an axial entry
compressor. The rotors are not enclosed 360 deg's around the case, the top of the rotors are exposed which allows for more leakage and the rotors do not suck as much. Typically speaking, the compressors have to turn 1000-1500rpm more to equal the same airflow which requires more energy to operate and higher discharge temps and is even more dramatic when you reach
peak compressor rpms. This is fact, not opinion, we have far more knowledge in this field as we've been supercharging with axial and radial entry compressors for years, both Opcon and Lysholm, automotive and marine. Back to back test.

He also has a cast case, which on his Cobra kits, he states that it's billet which is better.
as per dustin on the availability of the 2300's, they should be available shortly. The 3.3 being 3-5 weeks behind it. The plan on having the 3.3's in stock by the last week of Jan. They might be taking orders prior to that.

Also an adapter is being made so the lightning TB setup can be used. The setup shown in the pic of the 90mm throttle body can still be used at an additional cost.

Will

1 - 14 of 14 Posts