Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going Whipple 2.3 sooner then later as I know the MP will only be fun for so long. Looking for 700RWHP+. Few questions.

Will dual 255's, JDM fuel system with dual 255's, 80lb injectors, and 97 rails be enough fuel or do I need a whole rail setup?

Going to run big ratio so will heat be a huge issue as with the MP? I have a ICey tank and Killer chiller but am thinking about the Trick single pass unit.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
The fuel system you mentioned is plenty. The 2.3 runs cooler than most kb/mp/eaton s/c

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
i made 647/717 on race tune at 5500rpms and had plenty of fuel with just 60s and twin 255s

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts
A fuel system with '97 rails, 60# injectors, twin 255 Walbros and big feed lines are what was on Robs truck that ran 9.74 and on Fast Gators that ran 9.9. I added some margin going with 80#ers and Metco rails. But the rails were to support tapping for spray, and the injectors for headroom down the road.

Any time you want to run big ratios you must deal with heat. It is slightly better than the MP. And better than the big bore blowers. But compressing air takes horsepower and makes heat.

Jim

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Thanks guys. I have not been able to drive my truck for two weeks waiting on my JDM tune and all I was able to do is read LR and convince myself I need a whipple lol.
I never road in a truck with MP but I can tell ya the lil 2.3 kicks @ss

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
What kind of temps are you seeing with the MP and what cooling mods do you have?

With it being 80*, my IAT2s flutter around 120-125 while cruising and climb up to 140s while idling for some time.

This is with a True Forged Large IC tank, Fluidyne HE, and distilled water.purple ice mix.

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What kind of temps are you seeing with the MP and what cooling mods do you have?

With it being 80*, my IAT2s flutter around 120-125 while cruising and climb up to 140s while idling for some time.

This is with a True Forged Large IC tank, Fluidyne HE, and distilled water.purple ice mix.

I have the TF Tank and Killer Chiller. Running a 2.7 and 10. I see from 115-140. The Killer Chiller helps recover after a WOT pull. Without it temps can rise up to 170+ if you try back to back WOT pulls.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
either way with a blower in the summer the air charge temps will be complete bs.

·
Registered
731 Posts
how much stress dose it put on a 2.3 wipple or keenybell on pushing 650???
ive told to go 2.8 or a 3.4:smt102 cuz 650rwhp is my goal... sry if you feel like i hijack your trend iam lost on what charger to get now..

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
5,887 Posts
I was running out of fuel at 700 HP with 2 walbro pumps#60 injectors, -8 feed line and Metco rails. I added a third pump and #80 injectors.

·
"Only god can judge me."
4,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's what I run but would get 80 lb injectors. I have 60s but need more fuel with the 8 lb lower and 2.75 upper. Look at my dyno numbers.
Your Post is what made my mind up. Its been two weeks since I have been at the track and looks like I am going to miss another night waiting on tune:( But I will definitely PM you when I am going to PRP

1 - 20 of 23 Posts