Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my head and fogs tinted this week. So I'm gunna need some brighter lights. Which HID's should I go with? I'd like them as white as possible.

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
the lower the number on the kelvin scale the brighter/whiter they are, I wanna say OEM is usually in the 4500-5000k range

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
55K 5000-6000K!

Wayne

·
I <3 my Honda
2,845 Posts
the lower the number on the kelvin scale the brighter/whiter they are, I wanna say OEM is usually in the 4500-5000k range

THIS^ Do some research. You will need the brightest white you can get... anything in the above this the light useable output is reduced.

also look for the higher wattage systems...that may help a little too.

·
Premium Member
8,947 Posts
anybody else having issues with the bulb fitment in the fog lights?

mine simply will not go in all the way

·
Registered
973 Posts
Retro Solutions 55W 5000k or 6000k. 6000k will have a HINT of blue while 5000k will be pure white. The xenons you see in Lexus, BMWs, etc are 4300k, but are in projector lenses, which are the best way to go with HIDs.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Billy,

No concerns with inspection?
I'm not to worried about inspection. I've got a friend who works at York Ford. He's helped me out with both trucks the past 2 years. I'm just hoping he keeps his job for a while!

OEM is usually 4300k.

I have 5000k in mine and it is perfect. White as white can be.

Only has a slight blue tint when viewed from an angle.

6000k is still too blue for me.
your truck looks good!

thanks for all your help guys!
so the lower the # the brighter they'll be? so i should go for 5K or lower? and retro solutions is a good brand?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.