Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dude
2,290 Posts
I've been using Fluidyne for the last 9yrs and a 160,000 mi with absolutely no issues. That's my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think mine is a Afco with fans. Been working flawlessly

·
Registered
398 Posts
I wish my Afco had a petcock, and I found the fans a useless consumer of electricity. Also couldn't really tell a difference with dual pass.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
I have a pair of fans I haven't installed as of yet. I intend hooking them up with a switch for use only in slow traffic and at nap-inducing stop lights. Other than that, they'll be off.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have mine on a switch and monitor the temps on a guage it runs 20-30 degrees cooler depending on the day

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
You're claiming a 20* drop in charge temps with HE fans? What am I missing here?
He says he monitors the temps, so if his gauge is telling him that, I'd have to go with it. I could see how they could help in Stop Light City, USA. Temps start rising while you're napping at a long light, once they go up, hard to get them back down again. Fans keep them from going up. But, 20 to 30 does seem excessive. He did say, "depending on the day."

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah the 30 degrees or very close to 30 degrees Ive seen is on a cool day, fans running and intercooler iced af after making some street passes so the scenario is pretty extreme lol sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
398 Posts
He says he monitors the temps, so if his gauge is telling him that, I'd have to go with it. I could see how they could help in Stop Light City, USA. Temps start rising while you're napping at a long light, once they go up, hard to get them back down again. Fans keep them from going up. But, 20 to 30 does seem excessive. He did say, "depending on the day."

Trust me, I datalogged both without the fans and with the shroud/fans. Sitting in traffic and cruising the interstate. There are times where the fans barely help and times where they impeded HE cooling.

Just don't want anyone thinking the juice is worth the squeeze, is all. Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts