Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my lightning down for over a year I am trying to get insurance on it however they won't put it back on my policy? What is frustrating is that they say the modifications won't allow them to put it on my policy but it was on there the last 4 years??? Makes no sense any help is appreciated!!

·
SVT Padawan
233 Posts
I have my racecar insured with US Agencies and they never ask questions, want pictures or anything. We have everything else with State Farm and they're nazis

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I have travelers. 1000 a year I pay. But when I had the accident they bitched about the roll bar, wheels, seats, roll pan. Said that its used for racing I told them that it's a weekend warrior and that was the end of it

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,884 Posts
Farm Bureau for the last 6+ year. We switched last month to Allstate. Both see it as just a f150 with a v8. Not a sports car/truck.

Switch companies. Stop telling them it's modded.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,121 Posts
Progressive ever since I bought it six years ago. Never asked a question. The only thing they said about mods was that I should change my policy to cover them.

Currently paying around $700.00 per year, in two installments of around $350.00 every six months.

·
Grilling tonight.
4,226 Posts
Progressive for years, though i switched to USAA a few years ago when i bought a house (bundled the house and 3 cars) and they've been awesome.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,121 Posts
Yes, full coverage. I opted for a $1000.00 deductible since that's not a problem for me. No accident has ever been my fault as of yet, so deductible does not come into play.

Been with Progressive since the late 80's. They insured my first Lightning when I bought it new in July 2000. They've insured my 98 Ranger since I bought it in January 2000. They've insured many different motorcycles I've owned since the late 80's.

Not trying to sell anyone on them, the owner is a liberal anti-gun wingnut. Don't like it, but what can ya do?

·
Grilling tonight.
4,226 Posts
Full coverage for sure. Though i don't have mods covered. Matias (MisterGADGET) does, i forget who he uses though but he gets a good rate.

·
Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
1,538 Posts
why are you telling them the truck is modified unless youre trying to get coverage for all the parts?

if youre trying to do that youre gonna have to go with a specialty company like white95 did

·
Professional Lackey
442 Posts
I have State Farm for my insurance. I've had them since I bought my Lightning brand new in 02 and I've never let my coverage lapse.

Btw Harveyr, what insurance do you have that won't let you put your truck back on your policy?

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
I got progressive as well and even at 18 They didn't murder me on it. And I've always had multiple vehicle discount. And never questioned me on the truck. My recent toy a v8 Sonoma they didn't ask for pictures or anything. They think it's just a regular Sonoma.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've had State Farm since I was a teen. Currently I'm 34. Never had an issue. They've never asked to see any of my vehicles or asked what was done to them. I had a 10 second cobra for 5 years. Not once did they ask anything about it. I had a 97 ranger that I dropped a 5.0 and t5 into. As far as they knew it was still a 2.3liter. They never asked. Hell when I bought my lightning, I drove it to State Farm to put insurance on them. I told my agent the truck was in the parking lot if she needed to see it. She said nope. And printed me out my insurance cards. Lots of good companies out there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
After having my lightning down for over a year I am trying to get insurance on it however they won't put it back on my policy? What is frustrating is that they say the modifications won't allow them to put it on my policy but it was on there the last 4 years??? Makes no sense any help is appreciated!!
What did you modify during the year that it was down?

What mods are you trying to get coverage for?

Which insurance company (so I can avoid them like the plague)?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
~600/6mo w/ Geico

This covers both my 99 Lightning and 05 Outback XT

It is a 'storage plan' because I don't drive them right now

The 'storage plan' allows those named on the insurance to drive it on the street but they will want to see your mileage showing that it was mainly 'in storage'

It is a full coverage plan

And the best part, usually after 6 months they reimburse me for about 300$

So if you're not driving it much, put it on a storage plan and maybe pay 600/year for full coverage?

·
10 SECOND CLUB!
914 Posts
If you're old like me AARP Hartford...ACV plus $6000 for an extra $100 a year

1 - 20 of 25 Posts