Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just picked up a new Pioneer avic and the manual says I need to tap into the speed sensor wire for the gps to work right. Any ideas where this is at?? 01 L

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
can tap the signal wirre at the Cruise Control Servo for the speed if you really want to hook it up think its grey with black stripe

Same colored wire on the radio harness of the 02s that came with tape players and speed sensitive Volume control HU

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I usually don't hook it up unless it's behind the radio.
I've looked and I'm not seeing the cruise wire in the loom. So are you guys saying I dont need to have it attached for accurate Navigation?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, I left it unattached. I'm now trying to work on clearance issues. Might start a new post for that.

·
Registered
615 Posts
like what Bigstew said Gray/blk stripe its also located on the PCM mounted on the firewall.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It is a gray wire with a black tracer, easiest place to find it is at the speed control module unless depending on what year you have has it in the radio wiring. As said before if you had speed sensitive radio volume it will be in the radio harness. I know my 01 F150 Supercrew had it. My 03 Harley truck does not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts