Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to replace this little curved corner-trim piece, but dont know what its called or where to find another one. Im pretty sure that its aluminum, since its all bent. Anyone take this piece off or know if its a part of the weather stripping? Drivers-side only, thanks.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It was available from Ford a year ago. Had mine changed. Take some pictures and go show the Parts man at your local dealer. The horizontal moulding and the corner as two seperate items.

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
One piece from dealer, body man 27 years this year, man time flies, I see a/m sets on eBay. They call them window sweeps, correct term belt moulding

·
Registered
762 Posts
He's pictured the curved end piece that is stick on connecting the vertical and horizontal strips. Take a second look.

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
It always came one pice, I could very well be wrong it’s been years since I worked on 04 down truck at the shop, just tryin to help! Usually 7-10 years after production it’s no longer available from dealer. There might be some large vendors with nos. Very common replacement part when removed on most vehicles, because there are damage when removed. And yes it two way tapes and has a finger that locks it in the door frame that commonly breaks.

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
I’m pretty sure I have an old ford crash book at work, I’ll look Monday and see if I can come up with another part number.i can’t find anything on the nets. The crash book shows in depth break downs.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The number is still good. Your Ford Parts guy will know as soon as he punches it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts