Lightning Rodder banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,303 Posts
I’ve had my L since 06 and just acquired an anniversary 03 HD truck.

View attachment 548466

Lee with an 03 that's what's up! Had one myself. Great times and memories. @[email protected] even put a 2.3 Whipple on it for me way back in 03-04.

Would be great to see Randy back on here as well. He was instrumental on a lot of modifications and tuning done on my 04 Lightning.

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Any OG's from f150online? Now that's going back some..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
F150online was the first forum I found. Late 2003 when I decided it was time for me to learn a bit about using a computer. Music and forums where what I found and liked. F150 was the biggest and most active Lightning site then. I read everything from Dec 2003 forward and also read every post in every thread dating back to the first Gen2 posts. Took a few months, but I learned a lot about the trials and tribulations and the whole history and progress of making these things perform. And the vendor wars? Boy what a read! After that forum died a bit NLOC rose up. Then as JJ described, the issues on NLOC spawned the popularity of this site.

Randy has my number if he wants to reach out. I can get his account opened, I am pretty sure if he wants back in.

Jim

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the last model year in 04 keep
For a year wanted more speed bought a lambo
I missed this truck so much bought a clean 03 in 2020 drive it some 1000 miles a year
I just keep customizing it have bigger plans down there road
Lightning are now iconic sort of trucks

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Miss the old days. Dont have FB probably never will. I lost my 1st account here. She was my first truck in High school, this forum,Nloc,Nhtoc, and F150online have been part of my life lol. I didnt log on for a while because things got busy when I joined the Army. It hasn't been the same ever since.

Reactions: GEN2LIGHTNING

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
Miss the old days. Dont have FB probably never will. I lost my 1st account here. She was my first truck in High school, this forum,Nloc,Nhtoc, and F150online have been part of my life lol. I didnt log on for a while because things got busy when I joined the Army. It hasn't been the same ever since.
What's up Walter? Still have my number? How's them cogs? Glad to see you're still here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought mine in January 2004, and still drive it occasionally. Been lurking here since then, but Facebook turned me off from participating much. I miss the Old Town get togethers in Florida mostly.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I cant believe how relevant these trucks still are...pretty cool.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
I cant believe how relevant these trucks still are...pretty cool.
Yeah, I love mine. And I get compliments on it every time I drive it. Must be where I live. LOL!!!

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Would like to get a lot of guys back here .. I was kinda of banned on FB ..I went on there to keep up with family and friends but it’s too crazy
YOU were banned? Wow that is hard to believe. I have seen your posts for years and spent time with you in person. I am shocked anyone would find the need to ban you.

Jim

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
What's up Walter? Still have my number? How's them cogs? Glad to see you're still here.
Yup. Ill text you this week. I still havent changed The front cover after I snapped the idler mounting point.

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Bought my '01 in 2007.
Joined here in late 2008.
Built it, went turbo, lost the interest in it as I couldn't get it right, sold and left here in 2016/2017.

Came back a few months ago after picking up an '03 HD. Keeping this one pretty mild.

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Not a OG Bought mine in 06 blew up in Nov 2020 have gone through some rough times lately with the loss of my dad. Had the money to build it but then that happened so it slowed the process even more. Now time to build it within time. My son likes it so it’s a good thing.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Was on F150Online for years, then joined here after lurking for years.
I’m not on FB. Although I do occasionally search Marketplace on my wife’s account.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'm here sometimes. Never on FB. I'm not here all the time because A) L's with combustion engines are old, and the community has largely died down, and B) there's rarely anything new under the sun as it pertains to a L. Meaning everything has been discussed and a search will likely produce an answer to most Lightning related questions.

Still I like you guys and I still drive my L, and it's why I log on from time to time. This was an awesome forum. The best in its heyday. SVTP was just a constant dick swinging contest, full of insults, and arguments. LR was a place where you were generally treated with courtesy and respect, and not insulted for a question, or told to use a search simple because the topic had been discussed before. If the community here was still large, and the general BS area was popular instead of just the GEN2 L topics area then I would still be on here regularly. About the only forums I still frequent somewhat regularly are some gun forums.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts