1,955 Posts
Im on my 2nd whipple and built lightning

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,303 Posts
Yours Jan 8, 2005
Mine Dec 25th, 2004

I have a feeling if you do some research you will find a shit ton of new members at the beginning of 2005... I wonder why that is? LOL

JJ

We had migrated over from F150 and ModularFords (I believe that is what it was called. Was ran by a Brooks or something)

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
We had migrated over from F150 and ModularFords (I believe that is what it was called. Was ran by a Brooks or something)
Actually I got banned from NLOC by BigD for no reason and a mass exodus to LR happened. I think Rob said LR got 400 new members within the first month of this happening.

Funny how things have changed over the years.

JJ

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
Actually I got banned from NLOC by BigD for no reason and a mass exodus to LR happened. I think Rob said LR got 400 new members within the first month of this happening.

Funny how things have changed over the years.

JJ
I was a forum moderator at NLOC. Got banned for posting a link from this site about a car show or something. Total BS!

I still check in there every day. But it's slower than cold molasses in those parts.

• Haha
Reactions: Certified Drunk

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,009 Posts
Speaking of bans, it sucks how Randy Smith is banned from here. I'm not sure why people chose to be moderators and hurt the community. To this day, I still see people nut hugging on tuners. I see FB "group experts" and vendors trying to make a sale and/or spread not too good info. But I have regurgitated a lot of bad info so im part of the cancer.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
Anyhow, NLOC does have a new owner now, and he wants to straighten things out. I'm a moderator there again, just isn't anything to moderate. It's still mainly a Gen. I site.

Who's Randy Smith?

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts

This all went down when Chris still was in control. I was not an admin or even a Moderator back then. Randy (DolSVT00) was someone I looked forward to reading threads by. Vast knowledge. And a guy I could knock a few beers back with. Glad I met him at Valdosta SGMP many years ago.

If he wants back I think we can arrange that after all this time.

Jim

·
local painter
3,296 Posts
I’ve had my L since 06 and just acquired an anniversary 03 HD truck.

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I'm still here every now and then. Been hanging around for 10 years now. 3 whipples and a TT build within that timeframe. Not going anywhere but I wish FB didn't dip into the activity here.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
10 second street truck
12,718 Posts
I'm still here every now and then. Been hanging around for 10 years now. 3 whipples and a TT build within that timeframe. Not going anywhere but I wish FB didn't dip into the activity here.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
It's definitely a sign of the overall age of owners.

I'm on a land cruiser forum that's crazy busy. The local fb land cruiser groups are all dead.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Forums are slow because the younger crowd wants to use facebook to get quick attention and a larger audience.
Forums carry more real knowledge and correct information. I feel bad everytime I see someone buying the wrong parts because someone posted "this is how you do it" when in fact thats not how you do it and those arent the right parts.

Business wise Facebook has been a blessing, its quick and easy to post an answer and link my website. I'm certain it has increased my business. I dont mind helping and answering questions because in the end it makes my job easier if they decide to do business with me because the vehicles combination is correct and runs better and not some hodge podge thing they slapped together because someone sold them the wrong parts and said thats how you do it.

JJ

·
paranoid
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I remember hearing and reading about all that...i been around and been m.i.a for awhile this forum was a huge help and i have made tons of friends from this forum

21 - 40 of 65 Posts