Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
We had migrated over from F150 and ModularFords (I believe that is what it was called. Was ran by a Brooks or something)
Actually I got banned from NLOC by BigD for no reason and a mass exodus to LR happened. I think Rob said LR got 400 new members within the first month of this happening.

Funny how things have changed over the years.

JJ

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Forums are slow because the younger crowd wants to use facebook to get quick attention and a larger audience.
Forums carry more real knowledge and correct information. I feel bad everytime I see someone buying the wrong parts because someone posted "this is how you do it" when in fact thats not how you do it and those arent the right parts.

Business wise Facebook has been a blessing, its quick and easy to post an answer and link my website. I'm certain it has increased my business. I dont mind helping and answering questions because in the end it makes my job easier if they decide to do business with me because the vehicles combination is correct and runs better and not some hodge podge thing they slapped together because someone sold them the wrong parts and said thats how you do it.

JJ

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
I'm here sometimes. Never on FB. I'm not here all the time because A) L's with combustion engines are old, and the community has largely died down, and B) there's rarely anything new under the sun as it pertains to a L. Meaning everything has been discussed and a search will likely produce an answer to most Lightning related questions.

Still I like you guys and I still drive my L, and it's why I log on from time to time. This was an awesome forum. The best in its heyday. SVTP was just a constant dick swinging contest, full of insults, and arguments. LR was a place where you were generally treated with courtesy and respect, and not insulted for a question, or told to use a search simple because the topic had been discussed before. If the community here was still large, and the general BS area was popular instead of just the GEN2 L topics area then I would still be on here regularly. About the only forums I still frequent somewhat regularly are some gun forums.

Speaking of SVTP, anyone remember Lightning Larry? LOL

JJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts