Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a shop they have used to repair/paint stock wheels? I want to repair one wheel and possibly repaint the stock color.

Does anyone know what the process is to have wheels painted stock? Do they sandblast the old paint off first?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Can anyone recommend a shop they have used to repair/paint stock wheels? I want to repair one wheel and possibly repaint the stock color.

Does anyone know what the process is to have wheels painted stock? Do they sandblast the old paint off first?

Thanks in advance!
What year? 99 and 00 where powder coated. Not sure obout 01-02. 03-04 where painted 2 tone. Had mine done here ( Spokane ) 70.00 per wheel . Stripped, curb rash repaired , balanced on a lathe then powder coated. Company is called The Wheelman.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are 2002 wheels. Interesting to see each wheel was different from each other in regard of how it got its color. Now I am curious if the 02 were painted or powercoated

·
around these parts
1,144 Posts
Don't mention where in Washington you are. You got one recommendation for eastern Washington. I used this place to repair a set of wheels (curb rash).

Cascade Wheel Lynnwood, WA (425) 778-4672

They are in Lynnwood. They stripped, repaired curb rash, and powdercoated the wheels.

Scott

·
Registered
922 Posts
Pricing isn't bad. They didn't want to look at my pitted aluminum wheels though. :( Maybe I should just powdercoat.

From the site:

*Complete Refinishing - $145 Includes straightening, welding, fixing all damage and machining/powder coating

*Straightening - $75 for wheels up to 19" & $100 for wheels 20" and over

*Bead Seal - $50 Generally done on peeling chrome. The surface of the bead is ground smooth and a bead sealer is applied to ensure a leak free fit.

*Weld Crack - $75

*Mount & Balance Tire - $15 and $25 for stretched tires or run-flats.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I am on the western side so lynnwood would be closer. I have a friend that travels to Spokane often so that's a possibility as well, just want to make sure it's a trustworthy place to take them.

Are the wheels you had repaired in lynnwood lightning wheels? Could you tell they were repainted or was the color pretty spot on?

Thanks again

·
around these parts
1,144 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I am on the western side so lynnwood would be closer. I have a friend that travels to Spokane often so that's a possibility as well, just want to make sure it's a trustworthy place to take them.

Are the wheels you had repaired in lynnwood lightning wheels? Could you tell they were repainted or was the color pretty spot on?

Thanks again
Both sets I had them do repairs on (curb rash) were stripped and powdercoated. The first set I provided them with the powdercoat color which was outside their comfort zone at the time (around 2007). They have faded and have some mild streaking. Past time to have them redone. The second set, done around 2011 were done in a color that extemely closely matched the original finish. The first set are '99-'00 wheels, the second set are '03-'04 wheels. The second set I was VERY pleased with and continue to be pleased with 5 years later. They still look NEW !!

The first set:

The second set:

Scott

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome!! They look great. Wish I could find a set of 03-04 wheels, that are in decent shape. From what I've seen they get sold from time to time. Must be patient

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lol I saw those on eBay originally. Thought about taking at look at them since you don't really see what condition they are all in. Not sure they would be up for an offer but considering his ad says the tires are basically shot, maybe.

Without tires, what is a fair price these 03-04 wheels are going for?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts