Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain these different acronyms to me, as well as what applies to our trucks?

PART # SIZE FINISH PATTERN OFFSET BSM CAP # LOAD SHIP WT.

0256-2812 20x8.5 Chrome 5 on 4.5 +14 mm 5.264 3174-06 2100 lbs. 38 lbs

Okay, I understand part number, size, finish, load and shipping weight. But WTF is BSM, Cap #, and the pattern and offset in general, and if you can, what are they for our trucks?

Thanks,

Thomas
U.S. Army

·
Registered
87 Posts
BSM is the Back Spacing Measurement.

The center of your wheel can be moved in or out when you order aftermarket wheels.

They offer different offsets so brake calipers will clear and also fenderwell clearance.

Everything else there looks self explanitory.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that pretty much explains my question. Kind've a pain in the ass...trying to choose some wheels for my truck, and I just don't know what I want. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
And the pattern is your bolt pattern, 5 on 4.5 means 5 lugs on a 4.5" center to center spacing, 14MM studs.

BSM was explained above and not exactly sure what they are refering to by cap #...the rest is the load rating for the wheel and shipping weight. I searched for the wheel specs but they are escaping me at the moment. Check in your SVT manual in the pickup, it should have it all listed there in the back.

Upon re-reading your post, not sure on the 14MM after all, the offset could be in this case the difference between the factory BSM and the one for this wheel...maybe call the vendor and check...

Charlie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts