Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased new D & S front rotors, but not the bearing and seal set. Wondering if anyone can provide a source. LMR has a kit, but they also want $70 for it and that is way more expensive than Sourcers such as eBay and Amazon.
Or can I just use the used ones?

thanks,

Jim

·
Dude
2,340 Posts
Do not use the old ones fresh faces get fresh bearings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Dude
2,340 Posts
Fresh races sorry autofill

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,635 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Too Expensive!!!!!
Seriously? Why not just buy the cheapest Chinese part you can find on eBay then...$3 and free shipping I'm sure is going to be well worth it when you eat those bearings up and end-up replacing them again in short order. Not to mention anything they might take with them.

I still don't understand why people are hell bent to spend the least money possible on things like this. I understand trying to save a buck but it seems in this 'Amazon/eBay age' everyone looks at the price and not the big picture. Saving $10 now could cost you a whole lot more down the road but it's your truck.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Some like to drive a performance vehicle with cheap components... It just sucks that people will risk an accident, breakdown, or worse, over $10-20.... But “need” the newest phone, a $60 bottle of liquor, or a 70” TV......
I guess my priorities are out of wack for today’s world?! To each their own...

·
Member Senior
188 Posts
Recently purchased new D & S front rotors, but not the bearing and seal set. Wondering if anyone can provide a source. LMR has a kit, but they also want $70 for it and that is way more expensive than Sourcers such as eBay and Amazon.
Or can I just use the used ones?

thanks,

Jim
Get some new seals. Clean and inspect the bearings. If you don't find damage or flat spots repack them and put them back in.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the suggestions and help (?). I don't feel looking for cheap prices is such a bad deal as long as you recognize the possible compromises that might go along with the cheap prices. In this case, I am well-aware of the Chinese bearings that are part of some cheap bearing kit prices. Replacing just the seals may be an option, but the $35 price range (as from NAPA) is a lot better than the $70 price from LMR (why are their prices double the price of NAPA??????).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts