Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Lightning currently with the 20in Lightning style wheels. Needless to say, I spin... a lot. I have to baby it on the gas off the line until I get going. I really would appreciate if someone knows of a good wheel and tire setup I can use without converting my hubs. I had absolutely no luck in locating them myself, I went to the local wheel and tire store to see if they could atleast point me in the right direction to no avail. Soooo now I’m on this page. I live right outside of Milwaukee . If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,919 Posts
My truck went 10.60 on the stock 18" wheels with some Mickey Thompson 305/45/18's
Remove the front sway bar and a good pinion angle. You do have some traction bars hopefully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do have traction bars. The current set up is a GT500 s/c swap (TVS 2.3L), pulley (12psi), LT’s, Bassani exhaust, Tuned, MSD coils, and all new suspension so it’s lowered all around. My 1/4 mile times are high 11’s and I want to get in the 10’s like your truck is. I lose valuable time on my launch so I wanted a good tire to see what my REAL time would be. But anyways. If you have any suggestions for me to cut my time lower let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts