Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to see what I can do about the black all over my stock exhaust, I think I am going to wire brush it off, and paint it silver again, but how do I keep it silver???

·
Registered
145 Posts
slvrlightning said:
looking to see what I can do about the black all over my stock exhaust, I think I am going to wire brush it off, and paint it silver again, but how do I keep it silver???
If you are referring to the exhaust tips .. I would not use a wire brush on them ... fine steelwool with a good metal polish ...
than polish and a rag .. lots of elbow grease .. repeat every two weeks .. I only drive my L .. 2 or three times a month and I clean/ polish than buff  them that often ( drill w/ small buffing wheel works well )  ... org tips are stainless steel .. not painted .. there are also some very nice chrome tips avil. down-side most chrome tips will eventually rust and peel ... Good luck

Carbon is found in many different compounds. It is in the food you eat, the clothes you wear, the cosmetics you use and the gasoline that fuels your car and fast Ford trucks. Carbon is the sixth most common element in the universe and damn hard to get off those tips ... WQ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts