21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stage this garbage that

Learn what the mods mean

Meth is uncommon on these .
The killer chiller is hit or miss and there are way better ways to spend your money

A single 255 is nowhere near enough pump. These trucks run dual 190's stock.
Killer chiller works as it should its the newest version its larger than the old one and has more rows in side it, the single 255 is rated up to 550 hp which with a stock SC is probably not happening and the meth injection increases octane to protect from detonation. All do what they are supposed to do the stage 3 version just offer more options on how the injection system works either off boost or injector pulse or both. My intercooler Temps are in the 40 degree range so I get no heat soak at all and I can run my ac in the truck at the same

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
It's sucks to hear tuners and multiple people say the block needs to be sleeved at a certain power level to last yet people claim their engines make above that and are fine for years. Who are you going to believe. That is a rhetorical question. I have no idea. Go look how much it cost to sleeve a block then you are still stuck with 2v heads unless you spend even more money.

Having seen multiple people lose an engine trying to make big power and even more making 10-11 sex power with more sense and knowledge than me, I am going to keep mine around 550-600 (if that) when it runs again. I'll already have a J&s vampire so hopefully save it if it ever has some knock. I took off my killer chiller because it couldn't keep up with the charge temps. I also took off my meth because to me, it was just an unneed fuel source to fail.

If I had a stock block again, I'd do choppy cams with supporting mods with full exhaust. It would be for reliability, sound and fun, not going fast.

The information for all of this is out there. Unfortunately it is impossible to know who to believe. Good luck on your choice.
I know exactly how much it costs to go sleeved in a 2v, one sitting in my truck currently. Is it necessary for 700hp? no, however this is how it was explained to me.

During the casting of the iron block there are inconsistencies everywhere, but most importantly in the factory bores. Some iron blocks may have thicker cylinder walls than others. Some also may have very thin spots. The thin spots can and will crack with high cylinder pressure. People have cracked cylinder walls on stock blower 6# lower trucks. Some people have taken a iron block with the factory cylinder walls (not 10 or 20 over mind you) past 750hp with no issues.

In the end its a gamble, being this was built engine #3 I didn't want to take any chances of paying to get all the work done etc only to get it back and installed, go out with more blower rpm and crack a cylinder on a freshly built engine. That's what happened to Joe Holt(built54) on the last engine he had before selling his truck. Just got it back went out to make a pass and the factory cylinder wall failed.

If this is someone's first built engine I would say by all means go with a std bore iron block. You will probably be fine. If this is engine #2,#3 or more, I would recommend going the sleeve route. I wish I would of stayed with the stock block or around the 550hp range. But power is addicting.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,048 Posts
You have a killer chiller can I ask you do you cut the 5/8 line that runs to the accumulater to splice in and which line on the condenser
On my original gen 1 kit you had to I have the gen 2 kit and it came with a hard line. I have never been happy with either kit when it is working well there in no AC and if you want the AC to work the Killer Chiller barley does anything. I really should pull it off and go back to a big heat exchanger

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
On my original gen 1 kit you had to I have the gen 2 kit and it came with a hard line. I have never been happy with either kit when it is working well there in no AC and if you want the AC to work the Killer Chiller barley does anything. I really should pull it off and go back to a big heat exchanger
I have a gen 4 unit. I know alot of people filled there systems on there own I brought mine and had it leak checked then filled with the ac machine.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
3,048 Posts
Mine has always been filled by a AC shop and costs a small fortune

Reactions: J4rdlightning

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Killer chiller works as it should its the newest version its larger than the old one and has more rows in side it, the single 255 is rated up to 550 hp which with a stock SC is probably not happening and the meth injection increases octane to protect from detonation. All do what they are supposed to do the stage 3 version just offer more options on how the injection system works either off boost or injector pulse or both. My intercooler Temps are in the 40 degree range so I get no heat soak at all and I can run my ac in the truck at the same
A stock blower can easily out run a set of stock pumps which are rated at 380 total. But sure, tell me all about fucking lightnings. I haven't owned them 18 years nor do I have one that runs 10.60s...

I run a big Whipple and I'm the summer iat2 never crosses 150* at the end of a pull. I don't pull timing and don't have the stupid added complexity of a gimmik.

You came here asking for advice but keep trying to tell us how shit works.

When your shit out performs mine in any capacity you can talk.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
A stock blower can easily out run a set of stock pumps which are rated at 380 total. But sure, tell me all about fucking lightnings. I haven't owned them 18 years nor do I have one that runs 10.60s...

I run a big Whipple and I'm the summer iat2 never crosses 150* at the end of a pull. I don't pull timing and don't have the stupid added complexity of a gimmik

When your shit out performs mine in

I run a big Whipple and I'm the summer iat2 never crosses 150* at the end of a pull. I don't pull timing and don't have the stupid added complexity of a gimmik.

When your shit out performs mine in any capacity you can talk.
Lol that's great I think you just like to try and argue because I said nothing to you for you to start acting like a asshole buddy. Good for you you have a 10 second truck and have had one for 18 years . I see you are always arguing with everyone on here . Don't comment if all you want to do is act like a dick . Also I wasn't asking for advice on anything go back and read the original post I was asking why people are always slamming the 5.4 engines. You are the reason people hate coming to forums to even ask questions. Again I wasn't asking you for help on shit I was asking why people are wanting to do engine swaps instead of just building a 2v.

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
145 Posts
My stock blower outran my fuel pumps at 460/505. I'm going to a modest M122 blower and Nitrous. I'm Now in the process of getting parts together for a massive fuel system. Much bigger system than I actually need, but I'm learning from the more experienced guys/tuners on this forum. This particular forum is one of the more laid back forums I've seen in 20+yrs. Good source of info and laughs. Like this thread is quickly becoming. Hey Dustin, Popcorn is in the microwave, pick up some butter while you're at the store! Lmao

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
[/QUOTE]
My stock blower outran my fuel pumps at 460/505. I'm going to a modest M122 blower and Nitrous. I'm Now in the process of getting parts together for a massive fuel system. Much bigger system than I actually need, but I'm learning from the more experienced guys/tuners on this forum. This particular forum is one of the more laid back forums I've seen in 20+yrs. Good source of info and laughs. Like this thread is quickly becoming. Hey Dustin, Popcorn is in the microwave, pick up some butter while you're at the store! Lmao
I put him on ignore . I talk to jj at woodbine I just got this truck and have no clue what's been in it because the original owner said a bunch of stuff but alot was BS . If I didn't pay 5k for the whole truck I might have been pissed but he had a bretco cog set up on it so it all else failed that was worth some cash and the entire engine with a rust free body was worth 5k . It has a single holley sniper 255 fp I was going to add another this summer I did verify that when I took the bed of the truck to do the rear shocks and I undercoated the frame I live in NY so even yltgough I don't drive it in the winter still wanted it done. I don't claim to know everything or even alot about the 5.4 engines but looking to learn . I know Certified drunk knows a ton about these trucks and a couple others those are the people I listen to .

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Lol that's great I think you just like to try and argue because I said nothing to you for you to start acting like a asshole buddy. Good for you you have a 10 second truck and have had one for 18 years . I see you are always arguing with everyone on here . Don't comment if all you want to do is act like a dick . Also I wasn't asking for advice on anything go back and read the original post I was asking why people are always slamming the 5.4 engines. You are the reason people hate coming to forums to even ask questions. Again I wasn't asking you for help on shit I was asking why people are wanting to do engine swaps instead of just building a 2v.

Get some thicker skin or get fucked. That's my advice to you. Your fuel pump is to small. Your killer chiller is a gimmick.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts

I'm driving my JDM shitbox across the state. No time for popcorn

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Get some thicker skin or get fucked. That's my advice to you. Your fuel pump is to small. Your killer chiller is a gimmick.
Lol thick skin you think you hurt my feeling I am just making sure everyone knows your a huge dick lol and probably full of shit and your truck probably doesn't run 10s either lmao. What a tool 🔧. Lol my killer chiller works so not sure how much of a gimmik it is if it does what it's supposed to . I read through posts your in and all you do is argue with everyone and try and tell people who own shops and do this shit for a living thay their wrong because you have had a lightning for 18 years lmao.

·
Registered
290 Posts
2v ported heads work just fine and mine has no issues in heat and did well at TX2K with all this monsters as people put it. So power can be made with this trucks just depends how it comes on with whatever blower you running such. I didn't even turn on water meth in this run, and I see 10-15* degrees drop with it on just a 440ml nozzle from devils own.

Nothing fancy stock iron 9:0:1 .20 block , jdm cams stge 2 cams as they call them , 3inch exhaust ,60lb injectors, jdm fuel system.

93oct with boostane, 10* timing tuned by JJ with 23psi 2.4 upper/8lb .

70-125mph humid hot night

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Lol thick skin you think you hurt my feeling I am just making sure everyone knows your a huge dick lol and probably full of shit and your truck probably doesn't run 10s either lmao. What a tool 🔧. Lol my killer chiller works so not sure how much of a gimmik it is if it does what it's supposed to . I read through posts your in and all you do is argue with everyone and try and tell people who own shops and do this shit for a living thay their wrong because you have had a lightning for 18 years lmao.

If you own a shop and think a single 255 is going to do anything sell it.

I have time slips proving what my truck does. Do you?

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
I need thicker skin you were crying like a little baby and saying your leaving this forum so leave . Take you 18 years of advanced lightning knowledge and start your own forum you tool.

I did leave. I was asked to come back.

I wouldn't start a lightning forum. You can't fathom the hatred I have for most of this community. I stick around because I have a few close friends in it and to heckle the constant flock of retards that come and go.

You're the latter.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts
To add to this, I think mine was the gen 3. I was the test mule for the drag kit and i was also the first person to use raptor efans as far as i can tell. Kincaid told me the stock clutch fan was best but we soon learned that id overheat in traffic or even going slow.

It is possible to put a three way valve to bypass the KC core so you retain oem in cab cooling. A local did this. Due to the cost and it being hit and miss in general, i can not recommend the KC to anyone. A good IC pump, bigger resi and stock HE works well for me. Ice worked best at the track for me. But with any mod, test and datalog and see if it is best for you. Good luck to whoever is looking into a KC.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I did leave. I was asked to come back.

I wouldn't start a lightning forum. You can't fathom the hatred I have for most of this community. I stick around because I have a few close friends in it and to heckle the constant flock of retards that come and go.

You're the latter.
Again you evidently can't read or comprehend yet call me the retard I never said I own a garage lmao 🤣. You stick around because in real life you have no friends because your a dick. Your should leave again your a tool and have nothing useful to add with your 18 years of lightning experience. Get lost loser. In real life your probably were picked on so you come on forums and act like a adshole because you know it's safe .

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I wouldn't start a lightning forum. You can't fathom the hatred I have for most of this community.
I've got a crazy question, which I'm sure will qualify me for invitation into the latter group, but if you have that level of contempt for the majority of the Lightning community then why not leverage some other platform to stay in contact with that handful of friends you wish to stay in contact with.

I'd imagine you've got their e-mail addresses or phone numbers...

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
My .02;

1) Killer chillers work when done correctly.
2) They are rarely ever done correctly.
3) Lightnings and Harleys were making 6-700hp way before Coyote's came out. We dominated most all Mustangs in the 1/8th and 1/4 mile, then the Gen2 Coyote came out and bigger superchargers, better transmissions, better tuning, E85 etc... and thats where we are today.

This past weekend I went on a cruise with a local mustang club and I was the only Lightning. My 21 year old truck with a built motor, built trans, 15 year old exhaust, stock eaton on E85 making just shy of 590hp got more attention than any of those Mustangs did. So all that technology, Gen 2, Gen 3 Coyote, Voodoo this and Predator that... and my old ass Eaton Supercharged 5.4 2V did better sideways burnouts then any of them, sounded way better, got the lions share of attention and looked more like a hot rod then any of them. I'll stick with what I got...

LS's suck

[email protected]

21 - 40 of 55 Posts