Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I relocated my antenna inside the cab, and now have a hole where the stock antenna used to be. Instead of having it filled, I want to pick up an Expy fender. Should I try to order a new one and know that there's no work that needs to be done to it, or should I go to the salvage yard, pay less for the fender, but pay more in prep work?

For those that did it, which route did you choose?

It won't be right away, but the plan is for new fender, new front bumber, and respray the whole truck. I'll also want to paint my tailgate actuators and some more underhood parts at the same time. Depending on price, I may try to split it up into stages though.

·
Poor driver mod
1,414 Posts
lmc truck parts might have it for not much. I know i got quite a few for cheap but that was for a 79 f350. Great repo's perfect fit(a little work due to frame issues(hey it was 20+ year old truck!)) took primer and paint great.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,123 Posts
I had my factory fender filled and smoothed.

Don't forget before you paint the fender that there is one more hole on the bottom rolled edge of the Lightning fender. So in other words... drill before you paint.

As long as a boneyard fender is straight... I'd go that route.

·
no more gen 2
430 Posts
what year expy didnt have antenna mast on the fender?
i had a 97 and a 00 and both had antenna on the fender...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.