Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Big Lip Club
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to make the switch to e85 and want to piece all the components. I'm currently running the 2-255 pumps and 60lb injectors. Stock lines and fuel rails. I'm trying to get the most power out of my fully built engine on the 2.3 whipple.

· Registered
2,542 Posts
Id1300 injectors
Fragola ptfe lines
Metco rails
Fore pressure regulator
Fore hat or modify stocker
Your pick on pumps as long as they are e85 compatible. I went dw300.

Imo...

· Registered
4,877 Posts
I installed...
Fragola PTFE -8an feed & -6an return
Dual walbro 465 pumps w/10ga feed to each pump
Modified stock fuel hat with wire connection from lethal performance
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Obx fuel rails
Relays, fuse holders, & weather pack connections from racetronix.com
3 way stainless valve for easy draining
Over the winter I have to choose my injectors
Injectors will be id1300 or deatchwerks 1200

· Registered
4,877 Posts

· Registered
2,159 Posts
All said and done, e85 and power over the 500 ish mark isn't a cheap or easy endeavor. Expect to have 3k ish tied up in the fuel system.
Back to front, I have...
Dual aeromotive 340 pumps (there are now better options) I also have two of the aem 320 e85 pumps brand new in box if your still local to so cal.
Fore hat: can get away with a modded stocker just need additional fittings.
#10 feed to a magna fuel #10 in/out filter to a
magna fuel y block that runs dual #8 to the rear of the Metco rails.
1300 injectors. Id's preferred.
180* returns off the rails to a y block into a magna fuel "big" regulator.
And #8 return back to the tank.
How you handle upgraded wiring is your call. My setup works but is not for the tech unsavy and can cause issues if the pumps are not commanded to run full in the tune so I don't necessarily recommend it.

· Registered
1,639 Posts
Make sure your fuel filter o-rings etc are alcohol compatible. Ideally, you should filter down to 4 -6 microns since alcohol has a tendency to strip out all dirt in fuel system and plug injectors. I too run the Fragola ptfe Teflon lined hose. 10 an feed and return with 12 an fuel rails and twin 1500 gph Magnafuel pumps with a 10 an charcoal median 6 micron fuel filter and check valve. Maybe a little much for some but you get the idea of everything having to be lots bigger to run alcohol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.