Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As busy as alot of us have been, I know alot of things are happening or going to be happening soon.

Well....for me.....

I have been talking about going back to school, and actually have everything pretty much squared away. Got to finalize a few small details, but other than that, I'm heading back for my BA

Going for my Associates in Computer Desgin and Drafting. Alot of detailed info in this course, but really want it for the CAD program, which is only going to help me in the long run and may open more doors down the road for me.

Following this 2 year Associates, I will be furthering my education in Construcion Management to recive my Bachelors degree.

I already do everything the Construction Management course teaches. From Design, Value Engineering & Analysis, Profit/Loss, Estimating, Building Codes, Documents and Contracts, and Project Management to simply name a few.....

I plan on "Testing-Out" of alot of the classes, since I have been doing this for about 8 years.....and the only difference is words vs real world knowledge.

Feels weird getting back in to school at my age (34), but with the way the economy is today, and the way the construction market is in the trash....at least I know that if the crap really hits the fan, I have some paperwork (BA) behind me to back up my real world experience to help me and my family in the long haul.

What about you? Anything new?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Besides being best friends with you and Matt...

We are moving in 2 weeks to cut down on our expenses... I would rather not fall behind on bills, and would really like to get our credit up in the high 700s. So we are going to cut back on expenses, get ahead of all our bills, and more than likely we're going to head up the road to Buckachow's hood, temecula. Homes are twice as big for 1/3 the cost, and it's a beautiful community to raise our children.

I'm going to get myself an office job as soon as I can find one.... study my ass off and make a huge career change. Maybe not that huge but whatever.

On the flip side, I'd love to return my BS in Bus. Admin and get my time and money back. That's just me though.

Overall really exciting stuff. I was almost finished with my build but I get more and more ideas and it'll likely get pushed back another month or 2

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
And we're the 3 best friends that anyone could ever have.....

Well... as if 3 cars weren't already enough, I just bought a 4th... 2004 WRX with 162k miles on it. Going to satisfy the need for a beater to get back and forth to school everyday and not put the miles on my new STI.

Going to turn the WRX into a track car eventually... taking it to Road Atlanta and maybe VIR. Slowly doing mods to it, starting with bushings all around, eventually adjustable coilovers, a downpipe, and a tune. Once I gut the bitch out and put a cage in it, it should be a little beast.

3 1/2 more years of school, whoohoo!

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
yea this economy sucks ass, but ive been very fortunate i work for CSX Railroad and we have been busy as hell. Ive been working between 70-80hrs a week and trying to pay off alot of bills. mostly spending time with the family. I was up in atlanta this past weekend, my wife works for a doctor and he bought everyone tickets to the braves game. saturday we went to the braves game and the only game ive ever been to they lost, but was fun. sunday we went to the georgia aquarium and fun there. My little girl is 2 and she liked seeing the fishys. Still waiting on cool weather to take the truck out to the track and get some good passes in and show off a 10sec slip lol. I hope everything works out for everyone else going to school and trying to move.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Finishing school at abac this fall and graduating in december with my BA in accounting , going to UGA for a masters and to become a CPA then this april getting married

Gary have fun, with school books are stupid expensive

·
JNM Performance
943 Posts
Long time no post for me. Ive been working some hella hours to please the wifes pockets. (She wants to buy a house). Other than that. Work. and more work.

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Long time no post for me. Ive been working some hella hours to please the wifes pockets. (She wants to buy a house). Other than that. Work. and more work.

Jon-

this is your wife... dont worry about why I am on Gary's account..

You need to be worrying about why your ass is not at work making that money! Instead your on the dam computer!

Get back to work!

How will you ever buy me a house if your on the dam computer all day.

Between your truck and the computer...you never have anytime for me!

We'll be talking soon .................See ya at home!

xoxo

·
JNM Performance
943 Posts
Jon-

this is your wife... dont worry about why I am on Gary's account..

You need to be worrying about why your ass is not at work making that money! Instead your on the dam computer!

Get back to work!

How will you ever buy me a house if your on the dam computer all day.

Between your truck and the computer...you never have anytime for me!

We'll be talking soon .................See ya at home!

xoxo

First time for computer love. People behave... There is plenty of me to go around... Trust me........

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
New job for me starting the 6th' I've just been hanging out at my current job and wasting time. Oh and my garage door ****ed up. It needs a new spring :(
I think mine has down syndrome... I have to keep opening it up by hand because it'll start opening and closing randomly.

·
Capere Catellus!!
926 Posts
long time no post for me too. Getting ready to deploy to kosovo. Pretty excited about that. In a new unit that doesn't suck or full of weakness and excuses. Just finished a leadership school so I can get that E-6 pay and what not. Other than that just getting all my ducks in a row to leave. Plans are to upgrade my AC unit in the house, along with the doors, and windows so my power bill can drop and my house can stay below 84 degrees. And also make bear truck fast. short term is gonna try and get some track time in this friday in commerce.

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
long time no post for me too. Getting ready to deploy to kosovo. Pretty excited about that. In a new unit that doesn't suck or full of weakness and excuses. Just finished a leadership school so I can get that E-6 pay and what not. Other than that just getting all my ducks in a row to leave. Plans are to upgrade my AC unit in the house, along with the doors, and windows so my power bill can drop and my house can stay below 84 degrees. And also make bear truck fast. short term is gonna try and get some track time in this friday in commerce.

Be safe on deployment.

New doors/windows will def. help in enegry costs...

Give Chris (Blowerslut) a shout. I think he is planning to attend this friday at commerce as well. But if you wouldnt mind.....bring a catchers mit. He just got re-tuned on his stock block and is putting down 540/660 (or something close to those numbers)

:bigtu

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
IIRC commerce is closed for labor day this friday

I almost got my truck up and running... just a few wires to run and I'll be laying some tread in no time. I don't think I've driven it for at least a month or two.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
Be safe on deployment.

New doors/windows will def. help in enegry costs...

Give Chris (Blowerslut) a shout. I think he is planning to attend this friday at commerce as well. But if you wouldnt mind.....bring a catchers mit. He just got re-tuned on his stock block and is putting down 540/660 (or something close to those numbers)

:bigtu
it will live, its fine! i have given it the 1320 around town a few times..and she is sittin on ready:shitstormretarded

·
BLACK SUNSHINE
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bet you wont spray that sb biotch on the track....... :potstirring

on that test....here are a few proverbs for you Chris!

Man with hand in pocket feel kocky all day.

Man with tight trousers is pressing his luck.

Man who drive like hell bound to get there.

Man who gets too big for his britches may get exposed in the end.

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
:potstirringi think matt keeps forgetting my nitrous kit on purpose!?! (maybe he skreed i will go ahead and put it on?) haha!!!:scared003

What would you try to run on that motor... a 10 shot?

That thing is going to pop like an atom bomb. Its going to look like world war 3 in your oil pan.

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
What would you try to run on that motor... a 10 shot?

That thing is going to pop like an atom bomb. Its going to look like world war 3 in your oil pan.
you know there is no way in hell i would back down from a challenge!!!!! i will hit it with a 50 shot no doubt!!!!!!:bolt

·
A1 TRANSMISSION
4,827 Posts
Bet you wont spray that sb biotch on the track....... :potstirring

on that test....here are a few proverbs for you Chris!

Man with hand in pocket feel kocky all day.

Man with tight trousers is pressing his luck.

Man who drive like hell bound to get there.

Man who gets too big for his britches may get exposed in the end.

wanna bet!????:smt021

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.