Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boss had a couple lightning's years ago and he had this tucked away in the corner of the shop. He said he pulled this at 50k in favor of a built block since he was running a big shot of nitrous..it's been sitting for a few years.

Just wondering what a fair price would be for a stock longblock complete with blower would be? My boss said if I figured out how to run his new cnc that I could have this as a bonus. The plate it's sitting on is how that turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
8 thread heads?

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never checked actually, but I think he said his truck was a 01 so most likely not. I can check the block when I get it back home sometime this week.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
My boss had a couple lightning's years ago and he had this tucked away in the corner of the shop. He said he pulled this at 50k in favor of a built block since he was running a big shot of nitrous..it's been sitting for a few years.

Just wondering what a fair price would be for a stock longblock complete with blower would be? My boss said if I figured out how to run his new cnc that I could have this as a bonus. The plate it's sitting on is how that turned out.

Appears to be out of an 03 Harley truck going by the black blower, plenum and chrome bolts..... Unless he got a ported blower from someone else.

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,984 Posts
I have a long block with less than 30 thousand and was told $800 that is why I have never sold it and the only thing missing is alternator fan and coil packs

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I’d gladly pay $800 for a “functioning” long block and trans! Haha

Reactions: G20 and dameon911

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn I guess my bonus wasn't as good as I thought it was gonna be lol..if that's the case I'll just keep it too. my friend has a single cab stepside with a 4.6 in it and it has a blown motor. This motor has the cluster and harness. I'm thinking after I get this truck out I minus we'll start another one lol. But just gonna Frankenstein it with extra parts I have laying around. I could probably get a new edge gt roller for cheap. What do you think, a almost lightning clone or a mustang with a lightning motor? I know the motor will stick out but I kinda like that.

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appears to be out of an 03 Harley truck going by the black blower, plenum and chrome bolts..... Unless he got a ported blower from someone else.
I didn't know that about the blower and plenum being black. That's good to know. When I pulled my intake to plug the turkey pan I painted my blower and plenum black too.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
I didn't know that about the blower and plenum being black. That's good to know. When I pulled my intake to plug the turkey pan I painted my blower and plenum black too.

Pics of the set up from the front would help id it better. You can do a search for the 03 HD truck engine compartment and see the chrome bolts that were used on the front of the blower snout housing.

Reactions: G20

·
Registered
02 lightning/03 cobruh
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea it's got chrome bolts on the snout. I asked my boss more about it. According to my boss this was from the shop foreman at the time. The guy ended up getting rear ended by someone and parted the truck out And my boss had a couple lightning's at the time and got this from him in a poker game. And it was sitting in the shop covered up since 09. The crank spins and oil looks ok surprisingly.

·
DrFraZZy
954 Posts
03 harley motor is a plus since its likely to have 8 thread heads. If its in good shape, its still a good deal. The supercharger kit itself goes for $2,000 alone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts