Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys im running hoosier 28x10x16 i know they are a bit narrower then other guys are running but i got an awsome deal with prostars that was too good to pass up.. i went to the track lastweek and i was pulling decent numbers with a consistant 1.8 60ft.. that was at 16PSI.. any recomendations on tire preasure?? help me out if you guys can..
thanks
Rich

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool tonight is going to be great race weather at e-town with the exception the rain holds up which i hope it does.. anyone going to e-town tonight??

G

·
I'd be up for going to watch if I didn't have work tonight. I don't have a wed. night off until the end of July. I took friggin 11 days off to go to Vegas and now I can't go because of school!! :shock:

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leeann, i feel for you... if you do decide to show up or when you are free to go you have my number ;)

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I usually run @ 17-19 lbs
Unfortunately I DO NOT get my best 60's that way, (high 1.6's or low 1.7's)
But when I tried 16lbs, I swayed from one side of the track to the other the complete run.
I also run 28x10 Hoosiers, but only have 16x8 rims &@$%@$&%@$&(@$

·
Banned
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea im using a 16x10 rim so im lucky to not experience that swaying all over the place.. well i got to e-town tonight and they had NHRA nationals tonight.. they open at 7am tomorrow morning but why bother at 7am... maybe friday night ill make it.. we shall see..
Rich

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rob_02Lightning said:
I usually run @ 17-19 lbs
Unfortunately I DO NOT get my best 60's that way, (high 1.6's or low 1.7's)
But when I tried 16lbs, I swayed from one side of the track to the other the complete run.
I also run 28x10 Hoosiers, but only have 16x8 rims &@$%@$&%@$&(@$
I run the same and I run 19psi I am not a expert and like the more secure feeling on the top end.

·
Frauderator
5,862 Posts
i run mine at 9.5 lbs [smilie=fingersx.gif]

i have them screwed to the rim

track prep in cali is not the same as other places

to give you an example,,,,,,,,jim from jdm was out here for ffw last october, he was racing a cobra.

i made a pass down the track in my L and when i came back told everyone that the track was PERFECT. it seemed perfect to me, actually the best i had ever felt.

jim says to me, perfect? are you kiddin? i'm .4 teths of what i should be running i cant get no traction!!!!

rick

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
i run nitto 555 on the stock rim.

so i cant help
i am looking for some slicks ooo yeah i run 13.1 with no traction on the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift. and on the 1-2 i look at the wall.....

nittos are pretty worn out......

the kid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts