Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you might have seen I got in an accident about 2 weeks ago, and 2 of my rims got pretty beat up. I got one of them back today and it looks brand new, but the other one wasn't repairable according to them because the spoke is kinda damaged so I called up the manufacturer these are 20" Boyd Coddington Rodders btw and they said they might be able to fix it if I take it to them which I'm going to do this week, but if they can't be fixed they can make me a new one for $800 which is a pretty penny just for one rim but I understand that they're custom made. So what would you do ? Suck it up and spend $800 for one rim knowing that for a couple hundred more you can get a complete set of other wheels. I've always wanted some 20" 01/02 reps but with the amount I've spent so far I would rather not spend so much money on wheels . :smt089

·
"01 Fastblack"
320 Posts
So as some of you might have seen I got in an accident about 2 weeks ago, and 2 of my rims got pretty beat up. I got one of them back today and it looks brand new, but the other one wasn't repairable according to them because the spoke is kinda damaged so I called up the manufacturer these are 20" Boyd Coddington Rodders btw and they said they might be able to fix it if I take it to them which I'm going to do this week, but if they can't be fixed they can make me a new one for $800 which is a pretty penny just for one rim but I understand that they're custom made. So what would you do ? Suck it up and spend $800 for one rim knowing that for a couple hundred more you can get a complete set of other wheels. I've always wanted some 20" 01/02 reps but with the amount I've spent so far I would rather not spend so much money on wheels . :smt089
If you have the cabbage get the new ones and sell the old ones to get a little back on them. That's what I would do. And who doesn't want brand new wheels!

·
Believing Believer
2,179 Posts
There are not many choices for our lug pattern that aren't common. So it's either very expensive to get a new set, or the typical, common wheel.

If it were me, I'd probably get mines fixed and maybe spend the money elsewhere. Then again, that's just me.

Or if you really want some nice wheels go ahead and get a set of the new SM 20" 03-04 Reps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Photos of wheels?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the cabbage get the new ones and sell the old ones to get a little back on them. That's what I would do. And who doesn't want brand new wheels!
But who would want to buy just 3 rims and one damaged one? I thought about your idea but then realized it would be tough selling an incomplete set.

There are not many choices for our lug pattern that aren't common. So it's either very expensive to get a new set, or the typical, common wheel.

If it were me, I'd probably get mines fixed and maybe spend the money elsewhere. Then again, that's just me.

Or if you really want some nice wheels go ahead and get a set of the new SM 20" 03-04 Reps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well the thing is I don't mind getting them fixed IF they can be saved but if they can't my options are dish out $800 so they can make me a new one or get a completely new set that's my whole issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sell those, buy me some steelies with non off-road looking tires (like how your current spare looks like lol) and I'll trade you for my stocks lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sell those, buy me some steelies with non off-road looking tires (like how your current spare looks like lol) and I'll trade you for my stocks lol
Lol! How about you just trade me yours for my 3 good ones and my broken one and my spare. :smt042

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I doubt even Boyd will fix that. But those cleaned and polished could look good with the right tire and stance. So I would say worth the 800, strip off the black and polish them up. What's the specs width and offset?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Lol! How about you just trade me yours for my 3 good ones and my broken one and my spare.
Believe it or not, I'm very tempted..but then my truck will be more show than go

1 - 11 of 11 Posts