Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Went to the track today with two fellow lightning owners and wanted to run for the last time this year. Well transmission decided not to want to work. Had to limp home going 55 with the truck not shifting to 4th. When at the track, the truck didnt want to go into reverse.

Heres the codes i pulled
P0741, P0782, P0783 and P1744

Based on experience - what would you do? I'm assuming this is expensive...

Thanks,

John

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
codes

po741 torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance stuck off PO782 2-3 shift malfunction, PO783 3-4 shift malfunction and P1744 Torque converter clutch solenoid circuit performance, Check for blown Fuse or Burnt wire's

·
Boostaholic
5,129 Posts
Im sure Punisher will chime in shortly but if not send him a PM he is the resident trans guru

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks mrcarbine and Lurch.

Lurch I should have said I checked the Code list to see what each number meant before posting, I'm just wondering what each reason for the code means to actually do.

mrcarbine - I hope the Punisher checks this out too. Thanks guys,

John

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohh man not good responses. I was reading up last night and am hoping to find that its burnt up wires from touching the exhaust or something.

I mean should the transmission have acted up somewhere along the way of driving it normal. All I did was turn it on and find out that reverse dosent work, then drive it and find o/d dosent exist....

·
Johnny Law
17,766 Posts
ohh man not good responses. I was reading up last night and am hoping to find that its burnt up wires from touching the exhaust or something.

I mean should the transmission have acted up somewhere along the way of driving it normal. All I did was turn it on and find out that reverse dosent work, then drive it and find o/d dosent exist....
pm or ask 00blacky. When I met up with him out at Bandimere speedway his clutch solenoid was acting up so the truck wouldnt go into gear.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Is your od light blinking too? When mine was having problems it was a blown fuse (23 under the hood). It would go into gear, but give it gas and it wouldn't run for crap. I had an 02 short out on me and popped the fuse. I had 11 or 12 codes though. Might not hurt to check that fuse before tearing things apart. :smt023

1 - 10 of 10 Posts