Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unhooked my battery for like 30minutes while I was putting some gauges in now it won't even idle. Installed AEM W/B and Intercepter. W/B readings are wild as f*ck from 7-15 to buried in the yellow with no number. Turned the truck off (let it die) and reloaded my tune, long shot but why not same thing when I restarted.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Checked vacuum lines and all the day one stuff already.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
just a standard interceptor, no special senders?

what kind of wideband and how did you hook it up?

more than likely you accidentally got some pubic hairs in the gas tank and it is clogging the fuel filter. happens a lot when you install a wideband with interceptor.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a standard interceptor, no special senders?

what kind of wideband and how did you hook it up?

more than likely you accidentally got some pubic hairs in the gas tank and it is clogging the fuel filter. happens a lot when you install a wideband with
interceptor.
No special censors on the interceptor. AEM W/B and used the rear 02 bung. No cats and rear O2's have been turned off for a minute now. We had the pubic hair in the fuel filter issue when Dash808 and myself installed his pumps; I was able to prep for it this time MACH 3 all the way.

Did you tap into the Maf wire?
Nope, funny that you mention that cause it feels just like it did when I had a bogus tune from a local tuner and he didn't tune for the aftermarket MAF. Thats why I reloaded my Amazon tune, but no love after.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about putting the rear O2 back in and seeing if it fix's it, but I let someone use my floor jack and used ramps. The truck is already off the ramps and won't pull it's self back up them. :shitstormretarded

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
2 things - the rear o2s won't cause it to run bad, and the wideband in that location won't read accurate. It'll read a little low/rich.

That doesn't explain why your truck won't run properly and why your wideband is going crazy.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 things - the rear o2s won't cause it to run bad, and the wideband in that location won't read accurate. It'll read a little low/rich.

That doesn't explain why your truck won't run properly and why your wideband is going crazy.
W/B location is temp till I get my exhaust built for me, I was told it will read like .12 lean in that spot; but I have no clue. Now the truck was only running for like 45seconds to a minute tops, doesn't the sensor have to warn up? Could that cause the wild readings?

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
yeah, probably. I'm not familiar with the AEM but my innovate goes through a warm up cycle, then reads lean and gradually goes down to stoich.

how exactly is it dunning at idle/

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, probably. I'm not familiar with the AEM but my innovate goes through a warm up cycle, then reads lean and gradually goes down to stoich.

how exactly is it dunning at idle/
Super low and if I don't help it it dies. The only fuse I found popped was the number one, the chart on here said it was for Audio but my head unit still works.

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did you mess with your TPS or IAC at all?
Nope. Thats why I am so confused right now. I think I am just going to finish putting the gauges in and put the interior together then **** with it. Or I am going to put it on Craigslist. FS: 2002 built Ford Lightning (some issues).

·
Flyin HI
31,040 Posts
Sounds vacuum related but you checked that.. and u didn't touch the MAF at all?

Which wires did you splice?

I'd turn it off, disconnect the batt and let it sit for 10 min, reconnect and re reload the tune and see what happens.

(Karma in action folks for clogging up my gas tank with pubes!)

·
R.I.P #3005
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds vacuum related but you checked that.. and u didn't touch the MAF at all?

Which wires did you splice?

I'd turn it off, disconnect the batt and let it sit for 10 min, reconnect and re reload the tune and see what happens.

(Karma in action folks for clogging up my gas tank with pubes!)
No wires spiced at all didn't touch the MAF. After I get it all put back together I am going to head to NAPA and buy some fittings and vacuum line and start replacing I guess. I have been wanting to do that for a minute now anyway to clean up the engine bay; I guess it can't hurt it.
Way off topic Miranda is standing over me wanting me to tell you not to fly off on Friday Sep 2, we having her 30 birthday party over here

1 - 20 of 30 Posts