Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to spend about $1500 on some mods.....I know it's not much, but I would like to get the most "bang for my buck" so to speak. Mods are in my sig. Going to try to start running @ the strip after winter, so anything that could help me the most would be great. I'm not built and not planning on it anytime soon. I am happy for the most part @ my power level for the time being so power mods aren't a priority even tho i'm probably going to throw a 6# on and get it retuned. Ideas?

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK the Punisher VB has been on my mind....probably go with the Street due to taking my woman out in it on "date night" I don't want her breaking her neck lol. As far as long bars go, i was looking at changing my exhaust out and going with Bassani cat-back n have seen issues on here with the long bars fitting with the Bassani system

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Punisher VB
4.10s
Long tube headers
drag radials
6lber

if you can get all for an average of 300 thats 1500 bucks

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts
1 - oil seperator
2 - valve body
3 - used Magnum Powers super charger case (or find a used ported eaton for more budget friendly)
4 - tune (with free revisions)

then get

5 - a MAF or MAFia
6 - lower pulley and plugs appropriate for heat range (I suggest an 8#er)
7 - re-tune
8 - better tires / traction bars / driveshaft loop (all once or the traction bars / DS loop togther first)

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - oil seperator
2 - valve body
3 - used Magnum Powers super charger case (or find a used ported eaton for more budget friendly)
4 - tune (with free revisions)

then get

5 - a MAF or MAFia
6 - lower pulley and plugs appropriate for heat range (I suggest an 8#er)
7 - re-tune
8 - better tires / traction bars / driveshaft loop (all once or the traction bars / DS loop togther first)
I have oil seperator and tune with free revisions...thinking about going with a 6lber and MAF after the first of the year, then have Rick do a new tune for me. I guess I will get some traction bars if I can find some in stock anywhere, a ds loop, a punisher vb, and need to do a new exhaust. I wanna go with Bassani but see issues sometimes with fitment with long bars?? Can anybody confirm or deny problems with certain long bars and Bassani catback?

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i dont plan on gears...not even an option in my book

·
LSU Fan
1,311 Posts
FTW and a loop

Stall
VB
Slicks
Long bars

That will cost a bit more than your budget allows but will drop you about .3-.5 at the track.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
As far as long bars go, i was looking at changing my exhaust out and going with Bassani cat-back n have seen issues on here with the long bars fitting with the Bassani system

no issue here with JLP long bars and bassani catback ehaust hitting or fitting. i would say DS loop $90/ JLP long bars $480/ set of used slicks and ar bajas from the gen2 FS section and i also seen a bassani exhaust sytem in there for $350. or loose the exhaust and go with a stall converter. i like the LFP stall i have 2400 stall for $624 to my door. dropped my 60's down from 1.95 to 1.84 on same setup.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Long bars and a stall

1 - 20 of 20 Posts