Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to spend about $1500 on some mods.....I know it's not much, but I would like to get the most "bang for my buck" so to speak. Mods are in my sig. Going to try to start running @ the strip after winter, so anything that could help me the most would be great. I'm not built and not planning on it anytime soon. I am happy for the most part @ my power level for the time being so power mods aren't a priority even tho i'm probably going to throw a 6# on and get it retuned. Ideas?

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK the Punisher VB has been on my mind....probably go with the Street due to taking my woman out in it on "date night" I don't want her breaking her neck lol. As far as long bars go, i was looking at changing my exhaust out and going with Bassani cat-back n have seen issues on here with the long bars fitting with the Bassani system

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
Punisher VB
4.10s
Long tube headers
drag radials
6lber

if you can get all for an average of 300 thats 1500 bucks

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,536 Posts
1 - oil seperator
2 - valve body
3 - used Magnum Powers super charger case (or find a used ported eaton for more budget friendly)
4 - tune (with free revisions)

then get

5 - a MAF or MAFia
6 - lower pulley and plugs appropriate for heat range (I suggest an 8#er)
7 - re-tune
8 - better tires / traction bars / driveshaft loop (all once or the traction bars / DS loop togther first)

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - oil seperator
2 - valve body
3 - used Magnum Powers super charger case (or find a used ported eaton for more budget friendly)
4 - tune (with free revisions)

then get

5 - a MAF or MAFia
6 - lower pulley and plugs appropriate for heat range (I suggest an 8#er)
7 - re-tune
8 - better tires / traction bars / driveshaft loop (all once or the traction bars / DS loop togther first)
I have oil seperator and tune with free revisions...thinking about going with a 6lber and MAF after the first of the year, then have Rick do a new tune for me. I guess I will get some traction bars if I can find some in stock anywhere, a ds loop, a punisher vb, and need to do a new exhaust. I wanna go with Bassani but see issues sometimes with fitment with long bars?? Can anybody confirm or deny problems with certain long bars and Bassani catback?

·
I Miss My L
6,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i dont plan on gears...not even an option in my book

·
LSU Fan
1,311 Posts
FTW and a loop

Stall
VB
Slicks
Long bars

That will cost a bit more than your budget allows but will drop you about .3-.5 at the track.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
As far as long bars go, i was looking at changing my exhaust out and going with Bassani cat-back n have seen issues on here with the long bars fitting with the Bassani system

no issue here with JLP long bars and bassani catback ehaust hitting or fitting. i would say DS loop $90/ JLP long bars $480/ set of used slicks and ar bajas from the gen2 FS section and i also seen a bassani exhaust sytem in there for $350. or loose the exhaust and go with a stall converter. i like the LFP stall i have 2400 stall for $624 to my door. dropped my 60's down from 1.95 to 1.84 on same setup.

·
11 Second Club
15,062 Posts
Long bars and a stall

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
GEN2LIGHTNING
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing