Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime im waxing her i also notice a couple of nicks and scratches here and there on here. IS there anybody in the NJ NY or PA area that would be a spot to get her looked at in the future?

· Falafel
1,163 Posts
Everytime im waxing her i also notice a couple of nicks and scratches here and there on here. IS there anybody in the NJ NY or PA area that would be a spot to get her looked at in the future?
Do you need a paint correction or a paintjob?

· Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Having a specific area painted and blended is one thing, but i doubt you'll find someone that'll go around the entire truck touching up all the little nicks & scratches.

· Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,415 Posts
Touching up nicks is tricky, but it can be done. The key is having the right paint. I think some touch up paints have good hardener in them, clean the spot with Prepsol or alcohol then use a tiny brush to dab the paint on, let it dry and then build it up. Once you have a mound and it's hard you can use a very fine nail buffing stick to level the mound and then use some 1000 grit paper wet to carefully sand it a little more. Then you can use correction compound to get it real shiny. But I wouldn't do this on anything larger than 3/16"in diameter. It's starts getting risky beyond that.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.