Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for anyone that read my other thread about the compression tester getting stuck, I got it out! I got the hose end off with 1 easy-out & the adaptor itself with another one. What baffles me is that the adaptor did NOT come out easily. It came out making all kinds of noise like it has been an old rusted bolt. I'm wondering if it could have been cross-threaded but I doubt it because it went in smoothly by hand. Anyways, I tried putting the old spark plug back in (they only have a few hundred miles on the plugs) & it won't go in very easily & I wasn't going to force it. I'm going to run a tap down the hole to clean it out but I have no clue what size I need. We have some here but nothing near the right size. I'm guessing that if the threads have been screwed up somehow that I'll have to cert it. Any suggestions or info?

·
Stock
349 Posts
They are 14mm. The make hole chaser for spark plug holes. Every parts store should have it for about $5. There is also something called a back tap. It inserts into the hole. Then you expand it and it taps on the way out, bringing all the shavings along with it. That way there is no debri left in the motor. I never used one but I think it would be better then a regular one.

http://www.amazon.com/Powerbuilt-640811-Back-Tap-Thread-Repair/dp/B0014FGVVW

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Any shavings dropped in the cylinder will blow out the exhaust valve. Aluminum is not a big deal like steel being in there.

·
Fat Bastad
2,756 Posts
Why not simply begin with the $5.00 chase that was mentioned above and see if that doesn't get the job done before having to resort to a tap and avoid the shavings all together provided that it works.

Roach

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna get a $5 chase today. E, how would I flatten the sides of the spark plug? A vice? Thanx for the suggestions guys.

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Thread is 14X1.25 I've got a tap from a Time-Sert kit I could drop in the mail. It's about 6" long and has a special extension.

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the chase tool for a few bones at Autozone. I'll prob work on the L tomorrow, waiting on a ported lower I got from rman that should be here Tues. It's just a HUGE weight off my shoulders, I was fearing having to pull the head a few days ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts