Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, another question. What size fuel lines are you running for mid 6 low 700hp builds? -6an -8an? Does the send and return need to be the same size? Also, at what point should I replace the hat?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I used the stock hat but ran two bulkhead fittings through it so each pump right away has it's own -6 line to this filter:

http://ramcoperformance.com/flomax.htm

Coming out of that filter I have one -8 that splits into two -6's that feed a set of JLP rails, 80# injectors, and -6 lines runnig into a Fore regulator with a single -6 return to the tanks origonal outlet. Works great so far with lots of injector/fuel supply left so I can turn it up to get in the 700's since I only made 697/734 last time on the dyno.

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
Speaking of fuel lines, have any of you guys heard of or used Goodridge Hose and Fittings?

I just picked up the line and their teflon Hose sounds like just the ticket to stop vapor permeation common with regular rubber lined braided hose.

I'm waiting for a catalog to see how their prices stack up.

Mike

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Speaking of fuel lines, have any of you guys heard of or used Goodridge Hose and Fittings?

I just picked up the line and their teflon Hose sounds like just the ticket to stop vapor permeation common with regular rubber lined braided hose.

Mike
PLEASE keep me posted on that! I'm so tired of my garage stinking of gasoline and having a vent fan run on a timer to keep the fumes down.

·
Registered
516 Posts
none mine is factory with 60lbs injectors and 2 255 pumps thats it don't wast your money unless you plan on more than 700hp..

·
JDM Built/KB 3.2
2,175 Posts
I am running stock fuel lines, with 1997 f-150 fuel rails, 80lb injectors and 2x255lph fuel pumps. I just purchased JDMs fuel system which is good for 1,000hp. It is going in shortly.

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
I am running stock fuel lines, with 1997 f-150 fuel rails, 80lb injectors and 2x255lph fuel pumps. I just purchased JDMs fuel system which is good for 1,000hp. It is going in shortly.
What hose does he use for his kit?

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
PLEASE keep me posted on that! I'm so tired of my garage stinking of gasoline and having a vent fan run on a timer to keep the fumes down.
Josh,

I thought you used "Push Lock" or?? but that it didn't smell?

Mike

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,683 Posts
Josh,

I thought you used "Push Lock" or?? but that it didn't smell?

Mike
I previously had Russels braided nylon lines just on the top end going from the stock feed lines to the rails and regulator. Smelled when it wasn't in a garage! When I did the FULL system I switched to Earls braided nylon lines. Much better as far as no smell when outside, but in my garage, it's so friggin air tight, and the truck takes up 80% of it since it's a 1 car garage so not a lot of air volume to dissipate the smell, it really stinks it up. I really need to swap all my lines for something extremely fuel smell proof. I wouldn't care if it cost me a grand in fittings and lines to redo it, it'd be worth it.

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
I previously had Russels braided nylon lines just on the top end going from the stock feed lines to the rails and regulator. Smelled when it wasn't in a garage! When I did the FULL system I switched to Earls braided nylon lines. Much better as far as no smell when outside, but in my garage, it's so friggin air tight, and the truck takes up 80% of it since it's a 1 car garage so not a lot of air volume to dissipate the smell, it really stinks it up. I really need to swap all my lines for something extremely fuel smell proof. I wouldn't care if it cost me a grand in fittings and lines to redo it, it'd be worth it.
Hang in there for a few days, I have a catalog on it's way, their online catalog is a bitch to read because it has to be viewed sideways, I guess I could lie in bed and look at my screen-----not.. I found out today that I have a warehouse on each side of the country that stocks this line so I should be able to get a decent deal on the shipping.

·
Registered
482 Posts

Mike
Mike,
Did you ever figure this out? I was curious if you found a line that supposedly won't smell like fuel and can be used with the traditional style fittings? Goodridge have a line with Teflon core hose?

·
Falafel
1,160 Posts
Fragola 8000 series Pushlok hose also eliminates the vapor permeation..

·
street truck
6,534 Posts
Hang in there for a few days, I have a catalog on it's way, their online catalog is a bitch to read because it has to be viewed sideways, I guess I could lie in bed and look at my screen-----not.. I found out today that I have a warehouse on each side of the country that stocks this line so I should be able to get a decent deal on the shipping.
I'd be in on that! :bigtu Nothing like $1500 of hose stinking up the garage. lol

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
Mike,
Did you ever figure this out? I was curious if you found a line that supposedly won't smell like fuel and can be used with the traditional style fittings? Goodridge have a line with Teflon core hose?
I am sure that the Goodridge Teflon Hose would solve the problem but it turned out to be a huge letdown, the cost of the hose and fittings is more than 5 times that of regular (any brand) Hose and Fittings. FWIW, it's made in the UK and there is limited distribution over here. Goodridge Hose is Teflon lined but it's claim to fame is ultra flexibility and light weight, I guess if you have an F-1 team you might possibly go for it.

At the moment, I have been able to reduce the problem to a tolerable level. What I did was remove all of the hose that I could and cover it with Polyolefin Shrink Sleeving (it was free). I won't say it's perfect, but tolerable. I have a small piece of 2x4 under each end of my garage door as well. I wasn't able to do all of the hose, in order to remove the last 3 or 4 feet going up to the rails, I have to remove the Whipple so that's for another day. When I swap the engine in the near future, I'll probably replace those two hoses with Teflon and if it's not odor free, then it's Teflon for the rest of them.

·
Site Supporter Emeritus
1,161 Posts
I'd be in on that! :bigtu Nothing like $1500 of hose stinking up the garage. lol
If you used the Goodridge, it would be that and more :bolt:bolt

Couldn't find a "Blue Balls Smiley", will this do?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts